Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dybios
Blue Screen Again
Views: 9,430
Message 1 of 20

Moto E3 Power Software Update

I noticed it is stated in the Motorola Software Update site that Moto E3 Power will not be recieving any more Security Updates but does that also mean that this device will not be getting any bug fix updates as well? It still has decent number of bugs that need to be fixed until this device can completely be shut down for good, in my opinion.

Thanks.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 9,095
Message 2 of 20

Re: Moto E3 Power Software Update

Hi Dybios,

Motorola is committed to implementing essential security patches. As new security issues emerge, we will evaluate them and update your phone as needed.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Sanjaydanu
What's DOS?
Views: 4,807
Message 3 of 20

If Motorola is not giving android update for Moto E3 power... Atleast give us  update for the emojis used in this system. New emojis sent to us by Android 7 or 8 users are not visible in our phones it just shows a rectangular box with diagonals .. please fix this ..

The screen shot is in the attachment.

Highlighted
SD_12
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,659
Message 4 of 20

After the recent upfate(security patch dated 5th MAY 2018) my moto e3 power is having few issues..Worth mentioning those..one amongst them is the power lock key is not working..Phone is going to a sleep mode frequently..Lock function is also not working properly,unlocks sometimes within the pocket & unnecessary calls being forwarded without the notice of the user..May be because of recent 16MB security patch released somewhere around last week of July.

2nd issue is that sudden fluctuation in network reception..Both the sim slots suddenly goes blank.showing no service..for a few seconds..Please ADMIN ,do fix the above mentioned issues as these are causing hindrance to the daily usage of our moto phones..We do love our moto members as they form an integral part of our life & play a cardinal role to perform important task all day long..

When will another security patch be released that will fix the above mentioned problems.Because we badly need that.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,424
Message 5 of 20

Hi SD_12,

Thanks for posting. I wouldn't say for now that this caused by the update. Let's try to troubleshoot the device first. Kindly test this on safe mode and let me know if you're having the same issue. 

To Enable Safe Mode

1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.

2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

3. Touch OK when Reboot to safe mode appears

4. Phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in bottom left corner

5. If the issue does not remain in safe mode, this indicates a third party application installed from the Play Store is causing the problem.

6. Restart the device to get out of safe mode and uninstall any recently installed applications.

*** Begin by looking for specific application types such as launchers, task killers or anti-virus apps.

Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

SD_12
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,230
Message 6 of 20

Inspite of troubleshooting,safe mode task been performed over..The above mentioned issue still persists..Now lock key have started behaving erroneously,resulting to mismangement of call & opening of apps..etc etc when in pocket..even if the phone gets locked,by setting of on screen time on..it would be a herculean task to bring it back to working mode.because of SLEEP MODE..there is no form of physical damage on the lock key as well..Pls help Admin..Point to be noted,most of the moto e3 power users are facing the same issue..After the security patch update..Might be the case might not be,but there is a huge possibility of being the former implicit cause.Need to fix it with another security patch..Please help.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,199
Message 7 of 20

Hi SD_12,

Thanks for trying. I'd like to confirm, is it only happening when the phone is locked? Do you have a screen lock security? If so, please try setting it none and check if you'll have the same results. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

SD_12
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,190
Message 8 of 20

Yes screen lock security is always active on my phone..but when I changed the setting to the one as you have suggested..the lock key problem still persists...

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,147
Message 9 of 20

Hi SD_12,

Thanks for trying. Could you please send us a screenshot of the issue if possible? Thanks. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

ajyotirmay
Paper Tape
Views: 3,974
Message 10 of 20

I can confirm the network issue. In the beginning, I thought it was due to some third party application and so I tried resetting my device, but that issue remained, which made me doubt that my hardware might be failing, but now I know for sure that Moto messed up the device!