Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 3 (75 Views)

Moto E3 Power claims to be VOLTE Phone on Flipkart, where is dialer's Native Video Call Option?

Moto E3 power is exculive to India, sold on Flipkart.

The official Motorola Website redirects to flipkart for buying.

Moto E3 power clearly claims itself to be a VOLTE phone.

Then where is the video calling from dialer option in moto e3 power?

I will answer the obvious questions and arguments -

Most other phones in the same price range which claim themselves to be VOLTE offer option of native video calling.

Why not Moto E3 power?

No, I will not use Any 3rd party APP, like hangouts or duo.

My carrier gives free/very cheap  video calls, my carrier does not gives free usage of skype or duo, nor should because of net neutrality.

If Moto E3 power claims to have so called " true android/ stock android" experience, then where is option for

adding more users in the phone?

Android after 5 has the option to add more users in the phone, moto e 2nd generation has the option, why is moto e3 power not having this option?

Hence the argument of providing "near stock experience" as an excuse to not provide native video calls from dialer is not valid here.

I need native video calling supprt from dialer, and, No, I shall not use any 3rd party apps.

My carrier gives video calls almost free.

So, the question is, How can Moto claim to be E3 power to be a VoLTE phone and get away with not providing a native video calling feature from the dialer?

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 3 (69 Views)

Re: Moto E3 Power claims to be VOLTE Phone on Flipkart, where is dialer's Native Video Call Opti

volte_and_HSPA_ wrote:

Moto E3 power is exculive to India, sold on Flipkart.

The official Motorola Website redirects to flipkart for buying.

Moto E3 power clearly claims itself to be a VOLTE phone.

Then where is the video calling from dialer option in moto e3 power?

I will answer the obvious questions and arguments -

Most other phones in the same price range which claim themselves to be VOLTE offer option of native video calling.

Why not Moto E3 power?

No, I will not use Any 3rd party APP, like hangouts or duo.

My carrier gives free/very cheap  video calls, my carrier does not gives free usage of skype or duo, nor should because of net neutrality.

If Moto E3 power claims to have so called " true android/ stock android" experience, then where is option for

adding more users in the phone?

Android after 5 has the option to add more users in the phone, moto e 2nd generation has the option, why is moto e3 power not having this option?

Hence the argument of providing "near stock experience" as an excuse to not provide native video calls from dialer is not valid here.

I need native video calling supprt from dialer, and, No, I shall not use any 3rd party apps.

My carrier gives video calls almost free.

So, the question is, How can Moto claim to be E3 power to be a VoLTE phone and get away with not providing a native video calling feature from the dialer?

The problem is, you are defining VoLTE incorrectly.  It stands for VOICE not video. Video over LTE is abbreviated as ViLTE. 

ViLTE is not a standard and doesnt work between carriers. It is scheduled to be part of 5g standard. 

The dialer is provided by google as part of stock android. Google would have to add native video to it.  

* Search is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Highlighted
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 3 of 3 (68 Views)

Re: Moto E3 Power claims to be VOLTE Phone on Flipkart, where is dialer's Native Video Call Opti

the option to add new users should be under settings > Devices > Users. That's where it is on my MXPE and my Droid Z.

VoLTE is different than video calling. VoLTE means; as the accronym says, the phone can use the LTE network for voice calls. It also appears that your Video Call question was already answered here

Top Kudoed Authors