Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ChinmayParab
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,460
Message 1 of 11

Moto E3 Power slow charging

Hi,

My moto E3 Power is not getting charged properly.I tried to charge it using different charger but the results are the same it takes about 8-10hrs to get full charge sometimes even over night charging doesn't help it get full charge. I tried to callibrate the battery but when I press and hold power but it doesn't give me option of reboot please help. This problem started after the 22 MB update.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,345
Message 2 of 11

Re: Moto E3 Power slow charging

@ChinmayParab wrote:

Hi,

My moto E3 Power is not getting charged properly.I tried to charge it using different charger but the results are the same it takes about 8-10hrs to get full charge sometimes even over night charging doesn't help it get full charge. I tried to callibrate the battery but when I press and hold power but it doesn't give me option of reboot please help. This problem started after the 22 MB update.

Hi ChinmayParab,

Have you tried any other steps like clear cache partition? Since it has happened after an update, I recommend doing the steps and see if it may help.

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Karthi_Moto
Paper Tape
Views: 3,297
Message 3 of 11

I am also facing this issue, Tried evrything with the company provided charger and 'n' number of other chargers as well, nothing improved. Phone is charging very very slowly, sometimtes it even goes down even after connecting to charger.

Cleared cache partition and did battery calibration 3 to 4 times, still it is same. Suggest your team come with some real solution as soon as possible. There is only one authorized service centre in my city and there are 300-400 customers per day waiting in queue for resolving their problems just in vain. Service centre simply take the complaint and reply after weeks with just reasons to convince and no real solution. Expecting your proper reply to our problems.

GangStarrword
Paper Tape
Views: 3,269
Message 4 of 11

Even I face the problem 

when I visited the service center it's pathetic no for good centers. I tried changing chargers, even I checked whether my plug in is ok or not, an everything is fine with plug point, tried in safe mode, reset my phone nothing is worth or solution these Chinese companies are not worth any amount.

kans1234
Paper Tape
Views: 3,275
Message 5 of 11

MOTO E3 Power Charging very very slow

Hi

My Moto e3 power has started giving troubles lately.

1. Its not charging/ Charging really slow

2. battery drains really fast especially when less than 20%

3. I get CPU overheat notifications a lot, are the above two problems anyway linked to CPU overheating ?

Please help me out
I have tried wipe cache partition

and many different chargers

Thanks

Kanishka

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,252
Message 6 of 11

Hi Karthi_Moto & GangStarrword

I understand you have issues with the phone charging slow but there are certain factors that could affect its charging time. 

Moto E3 Power supports rapid charging which approximately takes a couple of hours to get to 100% on a rapid charger. Charger capacity, running apps and if you are using the device while charging would also affect its charging time. 

If calibration and even reset with no restore has not resolved the issue, you can submit the phone in for repair/replacement. You may visit any service center or contact the store where it was purchased. 

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,245
Message 7 of 11

Re: MOTO E3 Power Charging very very slow

@kans1234 wrote:

Hi

My Moto e3 power has started giving troubles lately.

1. Its not charging/ Charging really slow

2. battery drains really fast especially when less than 20%

3. I get CPU overheat notifications a lot, are the above two problems anyway linked to CPU overheating ?

Please help me out
I have tried wipe cache partition

and many different chargers

Thanks

Kanishka

Hi kans1234

Have you tried calibrating the battery? Press and hold the Power button until the screen goes dark, about 7-10 seconds. When the screen goes dark, release the Power button and the phone will automatically reboot. Plug the phone in and let it charge overnight, using only the charger that came in the box with the phone. Observe the battery performance within 24 hours.

If the issue persists after all the steps you have done, I suggest sending it in for repair. Please walk down to our local service centre for further assistance, here is the link

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

kans1234
Paper Tape
Views: 3,240
Message 8 of 11

Ella
I tried calibrating the battery the way you told but it doesn't seem to be working.
Unable to calibrate.

Also, certain information that I figured out:
1. No matter what charger or cable I use, the charger disconnects and connects on its own.
The notification vibrations are quite common.

2. On using one specific Motorola charger for Moto X-play, the phone is charging relatively faster, however at times, notifications of over voltage charger being connected are there.
Is it because it's a turbo charger ?

Even with this charger, it's taking around 8 hours to charge.
With my original charger, it's taking around 10-12 hours.

Really frustrated with this issue.
Safe mode too I have tried.

Just this calibration thing left to try.
Help me out
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,216
Message 9 of 11

@kans1234 wrote:
Ella
I tried calibrating the battery the way you told but it doesn't seem to be working.
Unable to calibrate.

Also, certain information that I figured out:
1. No matter what charger or cable I use, the charger disconnects and connects on its own.
The notification vibrations are quite common.

2. On using one specific Motorola charger for Moto X-play, the phone is charging relatively faster, however at times, notifications of over voltage charger being connected are there.
Is it because it's a turbo charger ?

Even with this charger, it's taking around 8 hours to charge.
With my original charger, it's taking around 10-12 hours.

Really frustrated with this issue.
Safe mode too I have tried.

Just this calibration thing left to try.
Help me out

Hi kans1234

Charging that takes 8 hours is already long enough. Yes, please do try calibrating the battery and observe the phone for 24 hours. You may also try factory reset with no restore and see if it may help. 

If the issue still persists after a reset, you may walk down to our local service centre for further assistance, here is the link.

- Ella

such1988
What's DOS?
Views: 2,915
Message 10 of 11

Hi Team,

This is happening to me as well. Since last few days my phone's battery is not getting charged completely even after whole night charge. This problem started once i upgraded system in last week.

When i try to do calibration then after power off it doesn't restart. 

Please suggest a solution to this problem.