Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sibal_narendra
Punch Card
Views: 4,278
Message 1 of 10

No call alert and missed call when someone calls me

Using a Vodafone sim card. Didn't know this issue until someone told me that when they call me there's a ring but I don't get any notification or anything in the missed call log.

I mean when someone calls me they can hear the ring but there's nothing on my screen.

And yes my sim is working in other phone.

Anyone else have this issue please reply asap!

Moto_Venice
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,265
Message 2 of 10

Re: No call alert and missed call when someone calls me

Hi sibal_narendra

Are you using the default phone application of the device? Try to perform Safe Mode to check if there are third party applications causing the issue. Press and hold Power button until "Power off" shows then press and hold "Power off" until "Reboot to safe mode" shows and touch "OK". Observe the device and let me know how it goes. Thank you! 

Regards,

Venice 

Motorola Support 

sibal_narendra
Punch Card
Views: 4,229
Message 3 of 10

Not able to get the safe mode option. I press and hold again and the power off button pops out and pops back when I do it the second time and so on...

sibal_narendra
Punch Card
Views: 4,225
Message 4 of 10

Okay I'm in safe mode rn. And I called on my phone from another phone. I can hear the ring but nothing on my phone. No sound no alert nothing

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,210
Message 5 of 10

Hi sibal_narendra,

Have you checked if those calls went straight to voicemail? Have you tried to power cycle the phone?

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

sibal_narendra
Punch Card
Views: 4,208
Message 6 of 10

Sorry for not replying but I did a factory reset and now its working.

More on the issue in simpler words. It was happening since a week but I didn't notice because I have 2 sim cards. People were calling me and they could hear it ring on their phones. On mine though, NOTHING. Nothing in missed calls too or anywhere else.

Ashutoshm07
Punch Card
Views: 4,161
Message 7 of 10

@sibal_narendra wrote:

Using a Vodafone sim card. Didn't know this issue until someone told me that when they call me there's a ring but I don't get any notification or anything in the missed call log.

I mean when someone calls me they can hear the ring but there's nothing on my screen.

Anyone else have this issue please reply asap!

If you're using truecaller app (or anything similar), uninstall it. I was also facing exactly the same problem but later I figured out that it was because of Truecaller I was unable to get missed call alerts, after uninstalling the app the problem was gone. No need to factory reset.

sibal_narendra
Punch Card
Views: 3,971
Message 8 of 10

No I was not using truecaller. But I'm sure it was some app issue because resetting my phone fixed it

Mukesh_1990
Paper Tape
Views: 3,416
Message 9 of 10

Hi All,

I was also facing the same issue but it can resolved by changing some settings in Moto App and it is working for me.

Try below action - 

Go to App search bar --> Type Moto --> Open Moto App --> Go to Moto Actions --> Turn Of "Pickup to Stop Ringing" and "Flip for Do Not Disturb".

Once done, try to check by calling and sending notification to your phone. It will work.

Regards,

Mukesh Verma

Highlighted
PRS2427
Paper Tape
Views: 73
Message 10 of 10

Using a airtel sim card. Didn't know this issue until someone told me that when they call me there's a ring but I don't get any notification or anything in the missed call log.