Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheHughmungus
Paper Tape
Views: 7,054
Message 1 of 6

"The slot has been permanently locked"

Hello.

I am from the UK and have a Moto E3 that I got free when I ported my wife’s number phone from O2 Corporate (I am Tesco staff and they are closing the friends and family deal so had to move it). The Tesco Mobile staff sim only deal was the same cost but with a free Moto E3. So I now have a shiny new sim for her which has been ported and she is happily using it in her iPhone 6. I thought then I could use the Moto E3 as a work phone as they supply a Microsoft Lumia 535 as standard and I can't get on with it. Tesco and O2 share the same masts/network and often a Tesco Mobile sim will work in an O2 phone but not the other way as I have found out.

So I put the O2 sim in the Moto E3 and it asked me for a lock code, in a blind rush I assumed it was the sim lock, however I now find that it wasn't. I entered it 5 times knowing that the code that I thought I was entering was the sim lock. However, it turns out to be the NCK (Tesco Mobile term) key code. Then the phone kept telling me that "The slot has been permanently locked". So I got on to Tesco Mobile via Twitter and their call centre and they are sending me the code. I did tell them that the phone is telling me that "The slot has been permanently locked" but they seemed confident that there is a solution. I have another O2 sim incoming to my work address because O2 tell me the sim is totally locked out now and I will need a new one, not sure if that is correct though as it still works on my Lumia 535. 

I have researched this for the last week and there is no definitive answer to the problem of "The slot has been permanently locked". I have got into the engineering menu and the 'Simme Lock' option is greyed out, as expected, so I can't enter a new one. The most popular reply is "speak to your provider". No one has said the phone is buggered and beyond help or it has to go back to the factory as there is no way to reset the counter or you are stuck with the provider now get over it, I could take these answers but I can't find anyone that has even hinted at a solution or anything other than speak to your provider. 

Thank you in anticipation of your expert advice.

Pete

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 7,005
Message 2 of 6

Re: "The slot has been permanently locked"

@TheHughmungus wrote:

Hello.

I am from the UK and have a Moto E3 that I got free when I ported my wife’s number phone from O2 Corporate (I am Tesco staff and they are closing the friends and family deal so had to move it). The Tesco Mobile staff sim only deal was the same cost but with a free Moto E3. So I now have a shiny new sim for her which has been ported and she is happily using it in her iPhone 6. I thought then I could use the Moto E3 as a work phone as they supply a Microsoft Lumia 535 as standard and I can't get on with it. Tesco and O2 share the same masts/network and often a Tesco Mobile sim will work in an O2 phone but not the other way as I have found out.

So I put the O2 sim in the Moto E3 and it asked me for a lock code, in a blind rush I assumed it was the sim lock, however I now find that it wasn't. I entered it 5 times knowing that the code that I thought I was entering was the sim lock. However, it turns out to be the NCK (Tesco Mobile term) key code. Then the phone kept telling me that "The slot has been permanently locked". So I got on to Tesco Mobile via Twitter and their call centre and they are sending me the code. I did tell them that the phone is telling me that "The slot has been permanently locked" but they seemed confident that there is a solution. I have another O2 sim incoming to my work address because O2 tell me the sim is totally locked out now and I will need a new one, not sure if that is correct though as it still works on my Lumia 535. 

I have researched this for the last week and there is no definitive answer to the problem of "The slot has been permanently locked". I have got into the engineering menu and the 'Simme Lock' option is greyed out, as expected, so I can't enter a new one. The most popular reply is "speak to your provider". No one has said the phone is buggered and beyond help or it has to go back to the factory as there is no way to reset the counter or you are stuck with the provider now get over it, I could take these answers but I can't find anyone that has even hinted at a solution or anything other than speak to your provider. 

Thank you in anticipation of your expert advice.

Pete

Whoever gave you the E3 would know dor sure, but in my experience these permanent locks can only be fixed by sending phone in for service. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
TheHughmungus
Paper Tape
Views: 6,990
Message 3 of 6

Ok thanks I'll go back again see what they say.
E3man
Paper Tape
Views: 1,607
Message 4 of 6

This has happened to me and I wonder if any one has come up with a workable solution.

Thanks in anticipation,

Roy

Ladley
What's DOS?
Views: 1,457
Message 5 of 6

This has happened to me and I wonder if any one has come up with a workable solution.
Highlighted
Hersonxd123
Fanfold Paper
Views: 297
Message 6 of 6

Sir please find solution to my problem because after I rest my Lenovo vibe k4 note and change the LCD screen  my sim slot has permanently locked

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Posts