Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
NRPhillips
What's DOS?
Views: 347
Message 1 of 2

Apps on home screen suddenly disappeared after restarting.

My phone froze up today, I force restarted by holding the power button. When the phone rebooted, an update was starting to download and I noticed that all apps besides google and playstore were off the homescreen. They were still downloaded, but the icons on the homescreen weren't there. Soon after that, Facebook repeatedly stopped working, along with google calendar. What happened? what can I do about this? I tried restarting again, and letting the update finish, but it's still like this.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 257
Message 2 of 2

Re: Apps on home screen suddenly disappeared after restarting.

Hi NRPhillips,

Thank you for posting. Have you tried re-adding those apps from the app counter (9 dot icon)? What kind of update are you talking about is it a software update or an application update? If it is an application update you can disable that by going to Apps > Play Store > 3 horizontal line icon (located on the top left corner of the screen) > Auto-Update Apps > Don't Auto-update. You can send us a screenshot if the apps are still missing.

If you have problems with facebook and google calendar. I would suggest clearing the cache and storage of the app. You can do so by going to Settings > Apps > Facebook/Google calendar > Storage > Clear Data/Cache. Then restart your phone.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support 

Top Kudoed Authors