Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bearspa
SCSI Port
Views: 571
Message 1 of 4

Both Moto E4 and E6Plus won't connect to PC via USB

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad running Win10. Until now, I could connect either Moto to the PC via USB, and it would show up on the PC. I'd have to pull down the notification bar to let it allow me to transfer files, and everything worked fine. Today, neither phone shows on the PC when plugged in, and the notification bar is not there. THe phones both show that they are charging off the PC. I have tried multiple cords and several ports with no luck. I cannot try another PC as I currently don't have access to one.

Any suggestions as to what to try would e greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 372
Message 2 of 4

Re: Both Moto E4 and E6Plus won't connect to PC via USB

Hi bearspa,

I appreciate your post. Have you tried swiping down the notification panel? You should see an option to set it MTP or Media Transfer Protocol. If not, try enabling the developer options so you can manually set it there. To enable developer options: 

To enable developer options: 

1. Go to Settings > About phone > Build number  

2. Tap Build number seven times. After the first few taps, you should see the steps counting down until you unlock the developer options. Once activated, you will see a message that reads, “You are now a developer!”

3. Go back to Settings, where you’ll find a Developer options entry in the menu

In Developer Options look for USB configuration > Select the MTP. Try connecting your phone again. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

bearspa
SCSI Port
Views: 363
Message 3 of 4

Hi Rich:

Thanks for your response.

First, the answer is that when I had the problem, I could not swipe down the notification panel to reveal the options of how to connect to the computer.

I have enabled Developer Options, and set to MTP.

However, for some reason, the phones started connecting to the computer, and all is well, although I haven't done anything different.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 119
Message 4 of 4

Hi bearspa,

Thanks for updating me. Glad that everything's working fine, just post if you need further help. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors