Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harshil15
Fanfold Paper
Views: 22,422
Message 4 of 25

Fingerprint Sensor Problem

Hello Moto,

My phone's fingerprint sensor was working great until I updated phone yesterday evening.

Since update the fingerprint sensor works only when phone is plugged in for charging. Kindly look into this matter and provide a solution as soon as possible.

MotoE4_Plus1
Paper Tape
Views: 21,601
Message 1 of 25

Moto E4 plus fingerprint sensor issue.

I am using this phone Moto E4 plus from a week I've used nicely till yesterday I don't know what happened suddenly the sensor stopped working. And I wondered it started working when it is on charge and when I remove from the charging it again not working. Otherwise it's a good product from Motorola India.

I always pleased to buy Motorola products. But I can't expect these things at any point time.

Amitav_S
HDMI
Views: 21,500
Message 2 of 25

Re: Moto E4 plus fingerprint sensor issue.

@MotoE4_Plus1 wrote:

I am using this phone Moto E4 plus from a week I've used nicely till yesterday I don't know what happened suddenly the sensor stopped working. And I wondered it started working when it is on charge and when I remove from the charging it again not working. Otherwise it's a good product from Motorola India.

I always pleased to buy Motorola products. But I can't expect these things at any point time.

I have read of other users facing similar issues & can only add that an update is due anytime now

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/MOTO-E-4th-Gen-MOTO-E-4th-Gen/Incoming-Calls-Not-Working-in-VOLTE-LTE-W...

Jai Hind
Samyak_191
Paper Tape
Views: 21,371
Message 3 of 25

Re: Moto E4 plus fingerprint sensor issue.

I am facing the same problem with the fingerprint scanner , and I'm pretty disappointed , the fingerprint does not working 40% of the time.

please look into this matter and roll out a update soon.

Former Employee
Views: 22,653
Message 5 of 25

Re: Fingerprint Sensor Problem

@Harshil15 wrote:

Hello Moto,

My phone's fingerprint sensor was working great until I updated phone yesterday evening.

Since update the fingerprint sensor works only when phone is plugged in for charging. Kindly look into this matter and provide a solution as soon as possible.

Hi Harshil15

How would you say that it is not working? Have you tried doing a clear cache partition? I suggest doing the said step and see if it may help resolve the issue. Let me know what happens.

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Harshil15
Fanfold Paper
Views: 22,348
Message 6 of 25

I cleared cache partition and it worked like a charm. Thanks a lot.

Erikaacsoto
Paper Tape
Views: 22,327
Message 7 of 25

Hi, I've been having the same problem on my g5, since yesterday, I made a factory factory data reset and it work but only for a few hours.
Kousik_Adhikary
Blue Screen Again
Views: 22,148
Message 8 of 25

What I have seen is after the update if I switch my phone off all night and then turn it on in the morning then the fingerprint sensor won't work. It works after a restart though. Then i tried plugging in the charger in the USB port and still nothing, then I plug it in in the wall socket and suddenly it starts working again and I didn't even have to turn on the power. I take the charger out of the wall socket and it stops working again.

Tejasnav
What's DOS?
Views: 21,934
Message 9 of 25

How to clear cache partition

Tejasnav
What's DOS?
Views: 21,934
Message 10 of 25

@Moto_Ella wrote:

@Harshil15 wrote:

Hello Moto,

Hi Harshil15

How would you say that it is not working? Have you tried doing a clear cache partition? I suggest doing the said step and see if it may help resolve the issue. Let me know what happens.

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

How to clear the cache partition

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors