Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AdamikA
Paper Tape
Views: 266
Message 1 of 3

Google setup fail

When I start my new E4 phone it wants to set up the Google account. I connect it to the Internet, it recognises my e-mail address. When I type in my password after a short attempt to verify my account it fails: "Unable to sign in to device due to a unknown error. Please try another account or try to sign in again after 24 hours." I tried it on an other phone and it worked. Why does it not work on my E4?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 88
Message 2 of 3

Re: Google setup fail

Hi AdamikA,

Welcome to the community. We are ready to assist here. I am wondering if you've already successfully set up your Google account on your Moto E4. Let me know please.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

AdamikA
Paper Tape
Views: 66
Message 3 of 3

Re: Google setup fail

I have contacted Motorola Support Chat and got an astonishing answer for my problem.

I have purchased the phone in a well known (at least in Hungary it is) online webshop as a NEW phone on 31 October 2018.

Here is the main answer for my problem, quoted from the support chat:

[01:33:39 PM]Eugene: I can see that device was activated for the first time on 25th Sept 2018
[01:34:01 PM]Eugene: so it is possible that someone had Google account set up on the device and it was reset incorrectly

I wrote a complaining message to the webshop and they asked me to send the device back, so they can send me an other one.

@Agent_JM wrote:

Hi AdamikA,

Welcome to the community. We are ready to assist here. I am wondering if you've already successfully set up your Google account on your Moto E4. Let me know please.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors