Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2kmy477
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,264
Message 1 of 62

Moto E4/E4 Plus Issues on Sprint

I have both the Moto E4/E4 Plus on Sprint. Both phones do not stream many music stations in TuneIn and XiiaLive apps, it kept saying network unreachable(not all stations but many), also I use an app called Webcam Viewer Pro to monitor my webcams from home, this does not work at all, same network unreachable error when I open up the app, The weird thing is if I connect my phone to wifi network, all would work fine. I also tried to put in my FreedomPop ATT LTE sim in, that works fine as well. So it does look like I have this problem only when I put in the Sprint sim in these phones(e4/e4 +). Does anyone have seen this problem if you have this phone? Or if someone has this phone, would you mind to go to the Play store to install these apps and try to see if you can duplicate this issues? I have contacted Sprint to no avail. They kept telling me to contact the app developer for this, since other stuff just working fine, they refused to go any further troubleshooting for me, even though I i told them i dont have this issues if i switch to wifi or another carrier's sim.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 5,158
Message 2 of 62

Re: Moto E4/E4 Plus Issues on Sprint

@2kmy477 wrote:

I have both the Moto E4/E4 Plus on Sprint. Both phones do not stream many music stations in TuneIn and XiiaLive apps, it kept saying network unreachable(not all stations but many), also I use an app called Webcam Viewer Pro to monitor my webcams from home, this does not work at all, same network unreachable error when I open up the app, The weird thing is if I connect my phone to wifi network, all would work fine. I also tried to put in my FreedomPop ATT LTE sim in, that works fine as well. So it does look like I have this problem only when I put in the Sprint sim in these phones(e4/e4 +). Does anyone have seen this problem if you have this phone? Or if someone has this phone, would you mind to go to the Play store to install these apps and try to see if you can duplicate this issues? I have contacted Sprint to no avail. They kept telling me to contact the app developer for this, since other stuff just working fine, they refused to go any further troubleshooting for me, even though I i told them i dont have this issues if i switch to wifi or another carrier's sim.

Hi 2kmy477,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have sent you a personal message. Please check it.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

2kmy477
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,145
Message 3 of 62

Did that, no difference.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 5,108
Message 4 of 62

@2kmy477 wrote:
Did that, no difference.

I will forward this to our product team and see if they can reproduce this. I will post back once I hear back from them. In the meantime, can you update your profile with your phone's IMEI number please? Do you also have issues with other streaming apps like YouTube, Netflix or others? Can you also share photos of your SIM card (front and back)?

-JM

showelliang
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,987
Message 5 of 62

Sprint+E4 = no working pokemon, wechat,TuneIn,XiiaLive

I was searching this forum yesterday and saw few people has same issue with Moto E4 and G5S plus.

There is probably not too many sample here to elevate but I just want to bring it up my conclusion - 

Something is definitely wrong with Sprint+ Moto E4

some apps that will not connect to server at all on mobile data, on Wifi is totlly fine...

Here are apps that are not working with this combination.

• Pokemon go (I tested, my G5 works fine on sprint)
  • Wechat (I tested, my G5 works fine on sprint)
  • TuneIn (2kmy477 tested in another thread)
  • XiiaLive  (2kmy477 tested in another thread)
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,933
Message 6 of 62

Re: Sprint+E4 = no working pokemon, wechat,TuneIn,XiiaLive

@showelliang wrote:

I was searching this forum yesterday and saw few people has same issue with Moto E4 and G5S plus.

There is probably not too many sample here to elevate but I just want to bring it up my conclusion - 

Something is definitely wrong with Sprint+ Moto E4

some apps that will not connect to server at all on mobile data, on Wifi is totlly fine...

Here are apps that are not working with this combination.

• Pokemon go (I tested, my G5 works fine on sprint)
  • Wechat (I tested, my G5 works fine on sprint)
  • TuneIn (2kmy477 tested in another thread)
  • XiiaLive  (2kmy477 tested in another thread)

Hello showelliang,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have sent you a personal message. Please check it.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

showelliang
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,931
Message 7 of 62

Hello

Thanks for replying, I did it, but the issue still there.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,927
Message 8 of 62

@showelliang wrote:

Hello

We'd like to take a look from our end. Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help us investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let us know (just reply here) if it's okay for us to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

-JM

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,926
Message 9 of 62

@showelliang wrote:

Hello

Right after you encounter the same issues, kindly get a bug report as well. I'd like to share it with our engineers for investigation. Below are the steps for getting bug report:

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number seven times on the build number to enable a new Settings item, Developer options.
2. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
3. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
4. Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
5. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes tocollect the Bug Report.
6. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link tothe BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
7. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

-JM

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,755
Message 10 of 62

Hi there. I'd like to check back with you. Are you still getting these concerns on your phone? If yes, were you able to capture a bug report? What about a video showing your two Motorola devices side by side? Kindly share them with me so I can forward it to our engineers for further investigation.

-JM

Top Kudoed Authors