Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CyanDragon
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,346
Message 1 of 16

Moto E4 Plus no security updates

Hi, my E4 Plus is on reteu software channel and I haven't received any security update since September 5th 2017. Can I somehow install them manually or is it because I've got the phone from T-mobile?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,305
Message 2 of 16

Re: Moto E4 Plus no security updates

Hi CyanDragon,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I can have one of my contacts take a look at this. Would you please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone as well as your carrier? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Additional question: Where (country of purchase) did you buy the phone? 

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

CyanDragon
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,247
Message 3 of 16

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I've updated my profile with my carrier and the serial number of my phone. And I've bought it from T-Mobile in Poland.
bamz
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,151
Message 4 of 16

Op? Did you get an update? Mine is stuck on january 2018.

Bamz
CyanDragon
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,143
Message 5 of 16

Sadly no. I'm still waiting and stuck on September 2017 :/

CyanDragon
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,005
Message 6 of 16

So, 2 months later and I've still haven't got a response from Lenovo nor got any of the security updates. Is there any hope I'll get any of this?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 982
Message 7 of 16

@CyanDragon wrote:

So, 2 months later and I've still haven't got a response from Lenovo nor got any of the security updates. Is there any hope I'll get any of this?

Please make sure that you have the correct IMEI number in your profile for your Moto phone, as well as your carrier. It would also help to know where you purchased the phone and where you are currently located. I will have someone take a look at this. We appreciate your patience.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 955
Message 8 of 16

@bamz wrote:

Op? Did you get an update? Mine is stuck on january 2018.

We looked into your IMEI and it appears that you are on the correct build for your model and region. Motorola is committed to implementing essential security patches. As new security issues emerge, we will evaluate them and update your phone as needed.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

CyanDragon
Fanfold Paper
Views: 916
Message 9 of 16

Hi, I've updated the serial number and carrier in my profile, hope that helps. Also I've bought the phone from T-Mobile in Poland where I currently am.
Miguestuard0
Fanfold Paper
Views: 917
Message 10 of 16

Moto E4 Plus has not received security updates since 2017

Hi, last month I bought a Moto E4 Plus, however I have not received any security update.

My current build number is NMA26.42-97, and Android security patch level with date September 5, 2017

I'm on retla software channel. The phone was purchased in Guatemala.

Is there any solution to this problem?

Top Kudoed Authors