Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Selden
Fanfold Paper
Views: 798
Message 11 of 20

Re: Moto E4 Randomly Reboots

Thank you for the prompt response. I haven't observed it rebooting while plugged in, but that doesn't mean it may not be happening. As far as I can see, when I got up this morning, the phone hadn't rebooted overnight.

Kakkarot
What's DOS?
Views: 764
Message 12 of 20

Even I had this reboot problem , it used to reboot atleast 10 times a day, I removed the SD card and the problem is solved . You can try this.

Selden
Fanfold Paper
Views: 753
Message 13 of 20

@kakkarot : Removing the Samsung 32 Gb microSD card is not an option; it's a fast class 10 card, and has been used in other devices without issues.

~3 weeks after setting up the e4, I'm reasonably confident in saying that the reboots do not happen when it's plugged in, or when it's on my person. They occur only when the phone unplugged, on, and completely still for more than ~1 hour. I can live with this, as my normal practice is to keep it plugged in when I'm not carrying it.

RobbinGraves
What's DOS?
Views: 528
Message 14 of 20

I just had a problem with this but I tried this:

Problem: My phone has been restarting for the past 6 hours, 4 unplugged and 2 plugged in. It stops when I take out the SD card though. 

Solution: I used the 128 GB card [the same as my phone] out of my Kindle Fire and put it in my phone, no restarts, I did have to reformat the card for my phone but works perfectly. I put my phone card in my tablet and did the same and it's working fine now. 

I hope this really helps everyone!

Lil86
Paper Tape
Views: 455
Message 15 of 20

Moto E4 Randomly Reboots

Tengo el telefono hace dos meses y de un dia para otro ha comenzado a reiniciarse. No se ha golpeado, tampoco se ha actualizado.

Ya lo resetee de fabrica, ya lo inicié en modo seguro, ya le quité la tarjeta SD y el problema persiste....

qué puedo hacer?

Alguna idea???

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 423
Message 16 of 20

@Lil86 wrote:

Tengo el telefono hace dos meses y de un dia para otro ha comenzado a reiniciarse. No se ha golpeado, tampoco se ha actualizado.

Ya lo resetee de fabrica, ya lo inicié en modo seguro, ya le quité la tarjeta SD y el problema persiste....

qué puedo hacer?

Alguna idea???

If you already did a factory data reset and tested the phone BEFORE installing or restoring ANY apps, and the problem persists, then service/repair is next step.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Selden
Fanfold Paper
Views: 418
Message 17 of 20

I gave up on expansion cards, as they have a terrible impact on battery life.

smddmr
What's DOS?
Views: 305
Message 18 of 20

My phone began doing random reboots this morning similar to what has been described.  Started when I was trying to open a web page (think it was  a CNBC morning new link).  It's like it gets stuck in the loading pages - flashing back and forth between the Motorola logo and the images (dog, sommersault man, etc).  I have to hold the power button down for a good 7 seconds before it will shut off.  When I turn it back on, it loads fine but then requires me to enter a PIN to start Android.  Runs fine for a while, then then the whole process starts again.  Getting ready to try previously posted suggestions, just wondered if anyone had come across these specific issues.  

TammieFrantz
What's DOS?
Views: 92
Message 19 of 20

I Not Company Issue. Its your network Issue.

Highlighted
firehugz
What's DOS?
Views: 44
Message 20 of 20

hello I received the moto E4 as a gift i have used it for just under a month it did an update now it continues to reboot i have tried hardbooting to factory reset and anything else iI could think of to fix this issue. I removed the SD card and SIM card it will not factory reset or do anything except turn off and on how can I fix this issue 

Top Kudoed Authors