Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 202
Message 11 of 18

Re: Moto E4 XT1768 Won't Allow Selection Of Any OGG File For Alarm Tone

Hmmm.It does point to a problem with the,"Picker".I don't know if that is it's own app or part of another.If you can find it and then find it's Storage option you might be able to use the Clear Cache and Data option in it.

Also try a,"Soft Reboot" that emulates taking the battery out if this is a fixed battery phone.

Press and hold in the full Volume button and whilst keeping it held in press and hold in the power button until the phone reboots.

Boz3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 197
Message 12 of 18

Thanks, but your instructions didn't work on my Moto E4.  According to
https://www.hardreset.info/devices/motorola/motorola-moto-e4/softreset/ , a "Soft Reset" is simply turning it off, waiting several seconds, and then turning it back on.

Highlighted
Boz3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 195
Message 13 of 18

It appears that the Clock app on my Moto E4 is Clock by Google.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.deskclock&hl=en_US shows that an update is available.

Would it hurt anything to install that update to see what happens?

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 190
Message 14 of 18

No harm at all and you can even un-install the update by disabling the app and it usually then offers to re-install the Factory version Smiley Happy

Boz3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 181
Message 15 of 18

Well, I found that the Clock app on my Moto E4 is the Clock by Google app ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.deskclock&hl=en_US ).

The Play Store showed an update available.  I think the previous version on my phone was 5.0.1, but I'm not 100% sure.

I updated the Clock by Google app, which took it to 6.1.1.  I NOW not only can see but can also SELECT and USE the OGG files for my alarm tones!  The updated app adds the ability to use Pandora, YouTube Music, or Spotify, which I wish it didn't, but hopefully that stuff doesn't affect me if I just don't use it.

I wonder if the Moto E4 phones that did NOT have this issue were newer builds that had a newer version of the Clock by Google app on it?  The date on the box of my Moto E4 is October, 2017, so it's an older build, for sure.

Anyway, the problem seems to be fixed.  Thanks for all the replies with suggestions!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 165
Message 16 of 18

Hi Boz3,

I tried to download the OGG file you sent me, I was able to set it as my alarm. If the original file doesn't work for you. Try downloading the file you sent me. Go to Settings > Sound > Advanced > Default Alarm sound > Add ringtone > Look for the Dawning Sky. Let me know if you're able to set it as yours. I'll ask around if not.

If you're willing, we'd like to further check this. Can you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate.

Need help updating your profile? See here. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Boz3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 147
Message 17 of 18

What do you need to investigate?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 106
Message 18 of 18

@Boz3 wrote:

What do you need to investigate?

Thanks for the response. Just trying to confirm from my team if the device would work with OGG format file for this phone. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors