Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boz3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 830
Message 1 of 18

Moto E4 XT1768 Won't Allow Selection Of Any OGG File For Alarm Tone

Moto E4 XT1768 Won't Allow Selection Of Any OGG File For Alarm Tone

I copied several ogg files into the Alarms, Notifications, and Ringtones folders in the internal storage on my Moto E4 XT1768.

The ogg files play just fine on my E4 when clicking on any of them from a file explorer.

I can see and select any of those newly added ogg files for my notification and ringtone sounds.

However, I can only see, but NOT select any of the ogg files to use when I try to choose one for my alarm sound.

How can I fix this?

Thanks!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 811
Message 2 of 18

Re: Moto E4 XT1768 Won't Allow Selection Of Any OGG File For Alarm Tone

Hi Boz3,

Thanks for posting. I tried downloading an OGG Vorbis file, do we have the same file format? And was able to set that for my alarm tone. Can you share me the file you're trying to add?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Boz3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 796
Message 3 of 18

@Agent_Rich wrote:

Hi Boz3,

Thanks for posting. I tried downloading an OGG Vorbis file, do we have the same file format? And was able to set that for my alarm tone. Can you share me the file you're trying to add?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Thanks for the reply. How do i attach one of the ogg files that are visible, but not selectable as the alarm sound. Here is the message I get when I try:

• The file dawning_sky.ogg does not have a valid extension for an attachment and has been removed. jpg,gif,zip,doc,docx,xls,xlsx,pdf,png,rar,abc,pptx,apk are the valid extensions.
Boz3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 789
Message 4 of 18

I sent you a pm with a link to one of the ogg files. I hope it works and you can get the file to try to figure out why it or any other ogg file is not selectable as the alarm tone on my E4. Thanks!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 773
Message 5 of 18

Why not convert the ogg file to another format? 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Boz3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 760
Message 6 of 18

I can and I have.  But I want it to work like it's supposed to with ogg files.  Other people I know with the Moto E4, this works like it's supposed to.

If I put a mp3 file in the alarms folder with all the ogg files, it becomes the only selectable file in the folder.

I restarted the E4 in safe mode, and the issue remained.

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 722
Message 7 of 18

Can you place the .ogg files in a different folder.I make my own folder for my custom ringtone files so I know where they are.

HTH Smiley Happy

Boz3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 711
Message 8 of 18

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did put the ogg files into the empty Alarms folder in the root of the internal storage, just like I did for the notification and ringtones ogg files that are selectable in any app that uses those categories.

I also created a new folder and copied those alram ogg files into the new folder, and the alarm sound picker still won't let me select any of the ogg files as the alarm sound.

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 709
Message 9 of 18

Did you download the .ogg files to a PC and then copy them over?

If so right click on the ones on the PC and make sure they have been,"Unblocked" as some files need this.

Boz3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 706
Message 10 of 18

When I got the ogg alarm, notifation, and ringtoner files off my LG Phoenix 2, I did copy them to my PC, and then copied them to my Moto E4.

I'll check to see if the alarm ogg files are "Unblocked" when I can get back to my PC, but apparantly the notification and ringtone ogg files from my Phoenix 2 weren't "blocked", because they work fine on my Moto E4.

Also, I CAN play any of those alarm ogg files on my Moto E4 using any file manager.  I just can't select them as my alarm sounds using the alarm sound picker.

Top Kudoed Authors