Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neobrainless
What's DOS?
Views: 1,062
Message 1 of 4

Moto E4 plus won't turn on, possibly not charging

My phone was running low on battery then shut down suddenly at about 5%, and since then I haven't been able to get it to turn on since. Have tried the volume down+power for over 2 minutes, with no joy. Tried holding volume down and press/release power, nothing. The closest was one try of the 2 minute hold had some 'wrong' screens flash up and go, so it's not completely dead, but at a bit of a loss Smiley Sad

Edit: Forgot to add: When plugged in the red charging LED sometimes does a slow blink I've not seen before, but can't find any info as to what error it might be warning about... Otherwise there's no LED at all which I take to mean it's not charging :/

Cheers!

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 993
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto E4 plus won't turn on, possibly not charging

@neobrainless wrote:

My phone was running low on battery then shut down suddenly at about 5%, and since then I haven't been able to get it to turn on since. Have tried the volume down+power for over 2 minutes, with no joy. Tried holding volume down and press/release power, nothing. The closest was one try of the 2 minute hold had some 'wrong' screens flash up and go, so it's not completely dead, but at a bit of a loss Smiley Sad

Edit: Forgot to add: When plugged in the red charging LED sometimes does a slow blink I've not seen before, but can't find any info as to what error it might be warning about... Otherwise there's no LED at all which I take to mean it's not charging :/

Cheers!

See if this post helps?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/MOTO-E-4th-Gen-MOTO-E-4th-Gen/E4-battery-not-charging/td-p

neobrainless
What's DOS?
Views: 988
Message 3 of 4

that link isn't working?
I did find a couple of other posts, but none giving info beyond what I've tried...
Highlighted
Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 979
Message 4 of 4

Is there anything on the phone that you need to keep?

If not can you get into,"Recovery Mode" and try a Hard reset.

Hust put moto e4 hard reset  into Youtube for easy to follow videos.

Top Kudoed Authors