Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anthony0915
Token Ring
Views: 147
Message 761 of 770

Re: NEED Android O 8.0 Oreo update for moto e4 plus with all bugs cleared

With all that said now, and knowing what we know, is it safe to say this thread is now irrelevant and should be shut down? We all know just from the E5 launch the E4 will never see Oreo.... This thread should have been closed last year when Moto/Lenovo outright stated they weren't going to update the os of the e4

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 137
Message 762 of 770

My observations may have been inaccurate to you, but they are factual.

The First Amendment says don't shut threads down unless they're duplicates, even when they've been posted for the sole purpose of making trouble.

Anthony0915
Token Ring
Views: 135
Message 763 of 770

@crystallet wrote:

The First Amendment says don't shut threads down unless they're duplicates, even when they've been posted for the sole purpose of making trouble.

So gsm arena, and everyone else that's providing these stats are wrong? Like I said the stats can't be changed and don't lie.... And there are differences from 7.0 to 7.1.2 to 8.0 to 8.1..... And it's not a decimal point..... So when I say in accurate I'm being honest

Anthony0915
Token Ring
Views: 131
Message 764 of 770

Anthony0915
Token Ring
Views: 125
Message 765 of 770

What is everyone going to do with Android P already out? My s8 will have by spring? All this complaining really is useless as one cannot keep up any longer with the rate that Google/Android are putting out OS UPDATES

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 115
Message 766 of 770

@crystallet wrote:

I linked to gsmarena.com to show the differences between devices.  Inever said the device couldn't handle the software.  I wish people would read instead of pounce.

Highlighted
Anthony0915
Token Ring
Views: 102
Message 767 of 770

You don't even know why the comparisons are being shown fully.... For one this made no sense for Motorola to do. And it's made its consumers very angry......... It has left allot scratching their heads.... For two and this is where you are right is to show that hardware wise it can basically handle Android P...... And third it's to show people that hardware in devices rarely changes take Apple for instance not much changes but the camera and the size.... The same ios that goes into a iPhone 10.... Goes into a 5.... It's a gimmick they know da#$ well the hardware can handle it... But with that how will they make money? They give devices a shelf life and concoct a scheme to make you think you are getting this great thing all Bullock's

And I don't pounce.... You did say there were more than 4 differences in the E5 and there are not there are only 4

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 75
Message 768 of 770

@Anthony0915 wrote:

You don't even know why the comparisons are being shown fully.... For one this made no sense for Motorola to do. And it's made its consumers very angry......... It has left allot scratching their heads.... For two and this is where you are right is to show that hardware wise it can basically handle Android P...... And third it's to show people that hardware in devices rarely changes take Apple for instance not much changes but the camera and the size.... The same ios that goes into a iPhone 10.... Goes into a 5.... It's a gimmick they know da#$ well the hardware can handle it... But with that how will they make money? They give devices a shelf life and concoct a scheme to make you think you are getting this great thing all Bullock's

And I don't pounce.... You did say there were more than 4 differences in the E5 and there are not there are only 4

You just wanna win, and I don't care one way or the other.

Have a very nice life.

Anthony0915
Token Ring
Views: 71
Message 769 of 770

It's really got nothing to do with winning or losing TBH.... It's about misinformation

BobJacobson
SCSI Port
Views: 68
Message 770 of 770

I second the motion to close this thread, not all threads about the E4 Plus. The email notifications are superfluous.

This thread has been useful in waking Lenovo up to the fact that if you're going to offer a phone for value shoppers, you'd better temper expectations right off rather than dodging the issue that, case in point, it's not going to get new capabilities. Even if we knew the Moto E4P was a dead-end phone, many of us still would have bought it figuring on two to four years of good service. And customers wouldn't be pissed off.

But then, Lenovo was still new in the field. Now we all know better.  Here's to whatever supersedes the Pixel!

Top Kudoed Authors