Did you mean: 
BugMagnet
Not applicable
Views: 11,904
Message 1 of 18

Need switch option to disable "Slow Charging" notification

Moto E4

Android 7.1.1

I do not need or desire the constant interruption of the "slow charging - use the charger/cable provided with the phone."

I do not carry the original everywhere i go. I have alternate chargers at different locations. I already KNOW they might not charge fast. I do not need to be reminded each few minutes with a screen popup message.

If this bug is not fixed, I doubt any future phone will be moto.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 11,721
Message 2 of 18

Re: Need switch option to disable "Slow Charging" notification

Hi BugMagnet,

I understand your sentiment. I know it could be quite annoying to be reminded of something that we already know. However, currently, there is no way to turn it off. We will forward the feedback to our product team.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

AllynWA
Not applicable
Views: 11,621
Message 3 of 18

Pretty frustrating to have a phone that beeps every 60 seconds +/- to tell me I have a "less-than-turbo" charger plugged in, especially when that charger is more phone battery!!!

Do you not have a product team that uses the product? What exactly is the dire urgency in warning me of this trivial condition?

I've tried to turn off system UI notices, and it still won't shut up. Come on, people... really???

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 11,581
Message 4 of 18

Hi guys,

To turn off the 'Slow Charging' Notifications, please try these steps:

1) Go into Settings > Apps & Notifications > App info
2) Settings (3 dots in top right) > Show System
3) Find System UI and click on it.
4) App Notifications > Alerts
5) Importance, change from Urgent to Low

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
BugMagnet
Not applicable
Views: 11,573
Message 5 of 18

1) Go into Settings > Apps & Notifications > App info

There is no "Apps & Notifications" under Settings. Apps, yes. Notifications, yes. But no "Apps & Notifications"
I didn't see "App Info" anywhere.

2) Settings (3 dots in top right) > Show System
3) Find System UI and click on it.
4) App Notifications > Alerts

There is no "App Notifications" and no "Alerts"

Under Apps:
I enabled "Show System" and found System UI.When I click on System UI, there is a single setting: "Override Do Not Disturb".With simply an enable/disable slider button.
Under "Apps", there is no "Alerts".

Under Notifications:
I enabled "Show System" and found System UI.
When I click on System UI, there is a single setting: "Override Do Not Disturb".With simply an enable/disable slider button.
Under "Notifications", there is no "Alerts".

5) Importance, change from Urgent to Low

I could find no such setting on my system.

PaulMotoZ
Not applicable
Views: 11,539
Message 6 of 18

I completely agree.  I recently updated to Android 8.0.0 on my Moto Z and I now get these slow charging messages constantly.  It is extremely aggravating and a completely unnecessary message.  Please fix this.  If I was eligible to get a new phone I would just to be done with Motorola and this silly message.  There are times that it chimes in several times in the matter of a minute making it very hard to listen to Bluetooth audio when the phone is charging.  And good luck listening to audio books during my commute.  Constant interruptions.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 11,186
Message 7 of 18

Hi guys. Just checking in for an update. Are you still experiencing this concern?

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

BugMagnet
Not applicable
Views: 10,940
Message 8 of 18

Yes.
This needs fixing.
The bug is in the OS.
There are no settings to disable this irritating repeating notification.

Please escalate this issue.

Huskyb
Not applicable
Views: 10,893
Message 9 of 18

I was able to switch it to low urgency. On Android 8.

Little note for alerts: it does have a toggle next to it, but if you tap on the word and ignore the toggle it'll take you to the importance setting where you can change the urgency.

That took me a minute to figure out.

I still get the on screen notification at the bottom. Which is still annoying. But no more buzzing, sounds, or upper drop down notification.

Screenshots here: https://imgur.com/a/8K15DSJ

I don't think this is the route prior to Android 8 though.

Hope this helps.

Ftpjtm2
Not applicable
Views: 8,835
Message 10 of 18

I have lived with this foolish message since I got my phone, as like many I keep the original charger in one location, and randomly got the message when using different chargers in different locations. But today I experienced a situation which will absolutely cause me to buy a different brand phone if Motorola doesn't make a modification to allow the "slow charging" message to be shut off.

I am renting a car with Android Auto. In order to use it I MUST use the phone jack in the car. I don't know if there is a "fast" Motorola car charger available, but even if there is, when using Android Auto you would have to bypass it and use the car jack.

Every 10 minutes or so, and occasionally every 10 seconds, I get the slow charging message. And when it appears Andriod Auto is cancelled and requires manipulation of the car screen plus phone screen to it on again. While using Google Maps through Android Auto, at critical moments when you need the screen to negotiate a turn, you can be sure to be notified that you are connected to a slow charger, and have the map disappear. No such problem with the wife's Samsung phone.

Better fix it Motorola or else you've lost a loyal customer.

Top Kudoed Authors