Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gertie_Ryan
Paper Tape
Views: 762
Message 1 of 11

Wallpaper always stopping

Hi, please help my Moto e4 plus is having a problem when I try to select a wallpaper its always saying apps is stop working it's always saying like that then it's going out in the apps I try different method but still the same out come please help... 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 509
Message 2 of 11

Re: Wallpaper always stopping

Hi Gertie_Ryan,

Thanks for posting.I'd like to confirm, how did you setup wallpaper? Press and hold anywhere on the homescreen > Wallpaper. Let me know if you're having the same error. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Sloneczko1983
What's DOS?
Views: 327
Message 3 of 11

Mam dokładnie ten sam problem. Tapety gdy tylko wybieram kategorie aplikacja zatrzymuje się. Always stops when i try to choose the wallpaper.

Franek_Kimono
Paper Tape
Views: 312
Message 4 of 11

Hello, I have exactly the same problem on my moto e4plus when I Press and hold anywhere on the homescreen > Wallpaper And before I try to choose theme of the wallpaper for example Earth the application stops and i can only close it. Help please...

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 294
Message 5 of 11

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for posting. That's odd. Have you tried testing this on safemode?

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Franek_Kimono
Paper Tape
Views: 279
Message 6 of 11

Ok, I did what you said and on safemode my moto e4plus did not stopped. I could choose the wallpapers available on the phone without aby problem. But what does it mean now? Why wallpaper application crashes in normal mode? What is wrong?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 242
Message 7 of 11

Hi Franek_Kimono,

That's great to know, thanks for trying. This could mean one of your third-party app is causing this issue. Try uninstalling the recent apps you downloaded/installed/updated on Playstore prior to this issue. (Possible apps I'm thinking are Launchers, Third-party apps that can customize device settings; Zedge, Third-party themes, wallpapers, etc). Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Franek_Kimono
Paper Tape
Views: 153
Message 8 of 11

Hello again. Unfortunetly I have the same problem again in my wifes phone moto E4 PLUS but this time when i start the phone in safe mode the wallpaper app crashes when i try to choose wallpaper. So no matter if its normal mode or safe mode the wallpaper app doesnt work. In my phone the safe mode hellped, but in my wifes it doesnt. The only app that my wife have installed is whatsap. Please help.

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 136
Message 9 of 11

Hi Franek_Kimono,

Thanks for posting back. Really odd. Could you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Snappierdoggy
What's DOS?
Views: 38
Message 10 of 11

I really need an answer to this problem, o thanks. I like different pictures on my phone.

Top Kudoed Authors