09-09-2019 08:53 PM
I updated my mobile day before yesterday but after that i am not able to use my sim and i am getting Invalid sim error.
it is my working phone please help
09-11-2019 08:20 AM
Thank you for reaching us. Have you tried using a different SIM card from the same service provider? Try resetting your network settings by going to Settings > Backup & Reset > Network Settings Reset > Reset Settings. Let me know if it works.
09-11-2019 06:14 PM - edited 09-11-2019 06:19 PM
I have the same problem, my phone was working yesterday but after the latest software update which I early this morning, the "Invalid SIM" error happened. I tried using a different SIM from the same provider but the problem is still there. My SIM works in other phone. I also checked Sprint where this phone was originally purchased but they confirmed that the phone is fully unlocked both domestic and international.
09-12-2019 08:26 AM
What other troubleshooting step have you done on the phone? Have you tried the network reset on the phone? Please update your profile with your phone, carrier, and IMEI, this will help me investigate.
Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
09-12-2019 07:53 PM - edited 09-12-2019 08:18 PM
My profile has been updated with the requested information.
Here are the troubleshooting actions that was done as per instruction by Sprint and the current carrier:
1. Network reset done, problem is still exist.
2. Phone was also reset to FACTORY MODE, the "Invalid SIM card" error is still exist.
3. Tried to run "UICC unlock" with current SIM in the phone, action times out with no result, "Invalid SIM card" error still exists.
4. Tried to run "Update Profile" with current SIM in the phone, action times out with no positive result
5. Installed the current SIM to another Moto e4 phone which software is not yet updated, the current SIM works which confirms that the SIM has no issue.
6. Inserted a Sprint SIM in the problematic phone, invalid SIM card error is gone.
7. Called Sprint Global Technical support and visited Sprint store Technical Support to verify if phone has returned to locked, based on their system check, the phone remains UNLOCKED for domestic and international.
8. Tried to run "UICC unlock" with Sprint SIM in the phone, action times out, does not continue to next step.
9. Tried to run "Update Profile" with Sprint SIM in the phone, action times out, does not continue to next step
10. Sprint technical support says that there is nothing else they can do, current carrier is also saying there is nothing they can do. Both technical support teams hypothesis is that the latest software update has bugs.