Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto E PhonesMOTO E™ 1st Gen
All Forum Topics
Options

28 Posts

01-16-2015

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

13 Signins

68 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 68
  • Message 1 of 6

Question about memory on a 1st Gen Moto E - can only find 4GB models but mine appears to have 2GB

2016-10-13, 15:02 PM

Although this is a quetion about a 1st gen Moto E I'm posting this here in the hope that someone can help, I can't see a forum for 1st gen models.

I have a Moto G as well as a new 2nd gen Moto E and want to sell my old 1st gen Moto E. When I look for listings of similar models so that I can estimate prices I can only find 4GB (and over) Moto E 1st gen models listed.

The phone I want to sell appears to have 2GB. If I check storage in tools it tells me that there is 2.21 GB total space of which 1.6 GB available after a factory reset with no other apps installed.

The phone does not have an "X" number listed in "about phone". So my question is, am I missing something or could this actually be a 2 GB model even though I can only find references to 4 GB models?

Options

Re: Question about memory on a 1st Gen Moto E - can only find 4GB models but mine appears to have 2G

2016-10-13, 17:32 PM

wrote:

Although this is a quetion about a 1st gen Moto E I'm posting this here in the hope that someone can help, I can't see a forum for 1st gen models.

I have a Moto G as well as a new 2nd gen Moto E and want to sell my old 1st gen Moto E. When I look for listings of similar models so that I can estimate prices I can only find 4GB (and over) Moto E 1st gen models listed.

The phone I want to sell appears to have 2GB. If I check storage in tools it tells me that there is 2.21 GB total space of which 1.6 GB available after a factory reset with no other apps installed.

The phone does not have an "X" number listed in "about phone". So my question is, am I missing something or could this actually be a 2 GB model even though I can only find references to 4 GB models?

Hi AndrewZ,

Here's the link for Moto E 1st Gen community: http://lnv.gy/2dnixUT

Regarding your concern about memory, the device memory is partitioned into two: the user memory and the system memory. So the other memory that was used on your device is because of the system memory - it is for the operating system, carrier applications and pre-loaded applications that you have on the phone when you get it.

Regards,

Joy

Motorola Support

Options

28 Posts

01-16-2015

13 Signins

68 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

Re: Question about memory on a 1st Gen Moto E - can only find 4GB models but mine appears to have 2G

2016-10-14, 8:27 AM

OK, many thanks for the reply and link Joy. Just to confirm, there was never a 2GB model? So when the phone, in storage/settings says "total space 2.21 GB, available 1.6 GB, apps 684MB the other 2 MB for the system etc are separate and not shown?

Options

2016-10-18, 19:01 PM

wrote:

OK, many thanks for the reply and link Joy. Just to confirm, there was never a 2GB model? So when the phone, in storage/settings says "total space 2.21 GB, available 1.6 GB, apps 684MB the other 2 MB for the system etc are separate and not shown?

Yep, there's no 2GB model AndrewZ. The reason why you have a total space of 2.21 GB memory is that, most of it were consumed by your device system memory.

Joy

Motorola Support

Options

28 Posts

01-16-2015

13 Signins

68 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2016-10-20, 9:09 AM
OK, many thanks once again Joy, you've been very helpful. Just wanted to make absolutely sure before I sell it. I'm very pleased with my 2nd gen Moto E and my Moto G.
Options

2016-10-20, 13:25 PM

wrote:
OK, many thanks once again Joy, you've been very helpful. Just wanted to make absolutely sure before I sell it. I'm very pleased with my 2nd gen Moto E and my Moto G.

My pleasure Andrew, thank you for patronizing Motorola products. Please let us know if you need assistance in the future. :)

Best regards,

Joy

Motorola Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms