Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto E PhonesMOTO E™ 2nd Gen
All Forum Topics
Options

28 Posts

01-16-2015

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

13 Signins

68 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 68
  • Message 1 of 4

Upgraded Moto £2 to Marshmallow, home key not working, no notifications, can't turn off haptic

2017-01-25, 10:10 AM
I've just upgraded my E2 to Marsmallow and am wishing I hadn't. It uses quite a lot more memory than Android 5 - only 500 mb left of 8mb internal with minimal apps isntalled). the home key doesn't work (ie when I press it it doesn't take me back to the home screen, I have to use the back button), I'm not getting any notifications and I'm getting haptic feedback on some keys (eg when I press the home and back buttons) which I can't turn off. I'm not getting vibration on all keys - eg not with the keyboard. I've tried wiping the cache partition and that doesn't make any difference. I'd be grateful for any help with this.
Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Upgraded Moto £2 to Marshmallow, home key not working, no notifications, can't turn off haptic

2017-01-25, 12:58 PM

wrote:
I've just upgraded my E2 to Marsmallow and am wishing I hadn't. It uses quite a lot more memory than Android 5 - only 500 mb left of 8mb internal with minimal apps isntalled). the home key doesn't work (ie when I press it it doesn't take me back to the home screen, I have to use the back button), I'm not getting any notifications and I'm getting haptic feedback on some keys (eg when I press the home and back buttons) which I can't turn off. I'm not getting vibration on all keys - eg not with the keyboard. I've tried wiping the cache partition and that doesn't make any difference. I'd be grateful for any help with this.

If the issues started after the upgrade, you may have to do a reset to clear out these upgrade backs. 

Reset, don't restore any apps. Test and make sure things work first. Then install apps. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

3 Posts

01-25-2017

Spain

2 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: Upgraded Moto £2 to Marshmallow, home key not working, no notifications, can't turn off haptic

2017-01-25, 19:39 PM

Dear Andrew,

I agree with you about memory consumption, I had also 8 GB, and finally I had only a few apps because it was almost full.

By the way, when you did the cache clean, did you do it from the Recovery Mode menu before booting the device?

I question that because I had a problem with my device, that does not boot, and it is not able to clear neither cache nor user data. In my case, the process never ends, and battery is run out (or it may be several hours plugged) and the menu does not come back to the recovery mode.

Thanks in advance, and Best Regards,

Esteban.

Options

28 Posts

01-16-2015

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

13 Signins

68 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 68
  • Message 4 of 4

2017-02-02, 15:31 PM

Hi Esteban - apologies for the delay in replying. In the end I had to do a factory reset, which was a bit annoying. I've installed fewer apps so I have about a gigabyte of free storage at the moment. Of course with Android 6 it's no longer possible to transfer apps to the SD card, which is a bit unfortunate. I have a Moto G as well and am happy with that.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms