Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto E PhonesMOTO E™ 4th Gen / MOTO E™ 4th Gen Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

02-10-2018

United States of America

8 Signins

141 Page Views

• Views: 141
  • Message 501 of 803

Re: NEED Android O 8.0 Oreo update for moto e4 plus with all bugs cleared

2018-02-10, 6:54 AM

I do kind of want to read the whole saga ☺️.  Well more so since you called it a saga lol, makes me feel like I'm in for an adventure.

It's interesting to me since frankly, I didn't think Nokia was still around.  I thought they died when their gaming phone....I don't remember the name failed. Man it was all the hype for a minute too, I mean this was before all phones had game so I know this had to be like 2005ish?

To be real Frank I'm disappointed in alot of things phone related both by manufacturers and Google too. Like my kit Kat phone had nfc and wireless charging.  You would think 3 years later I would be upgrading but alot other then the os feels like a downgrade.  Since I know people will call bullshiz, I was rocking a Kyocera hydro icon, it was also waterproof.

I agree this phone could run Oreo and maybe it should.  I've just faced the facts that they are gonna be a**holes about it and 2 years from now I'll buy some cheap phone running Android 10 rather then expect any of them to do rigtht.

Options

38 Posts

11-12-2017

United States of America

21 Signins

272 Page Views

• Views: 272
  • Message 502 of 803

2018-02-10, 7:08 AM

wrote:
I agree, but your first mistake was expecting Motorola to be Motorola now that it's been sold twice, had all it's patents taken before Google sold the name to Lenovo. You are on Lenovo time now bro.....not Motorola

Bro Nokia has been bounced around at least as much as Moto and they are soldering on...This is not an excuse. And Moto was/is still a much bigger operation. 

Options

454 Posts

10-28-2017

United States of America

606 Signins

7395 Page Views

• Views: 7395
  • Message 503 of 803

2018-02-10, 10:00 AM

wrote:

wrote:
I agree, but your first mistake was expecting Motorola to be Motorola now that it's been sold twice, had all it's patents taken before Google sold the name to Lenovo. You are on Lenovo time now bro.....not Motorola

Bro Nokia has been bounced around at least as much as Moto and they are soldering on...This is not an excuse. And Moto was/is still a much bigger operation. 

I understand that, and Nokia is doing the right thing by being able to put a team together for each device so the dev team can create and maintain the update for every single device they own........ This would be a first for any oem....... No oem has ever updated every model device they make.... None and you can check this. 

Honestly if Nokia does I will be shocked because it will essentially put a stop to sales for them with current customers, it WILL bring in plenty of new customers or returning so the essential gimmick will work. 

Again no device maker has ever given all it's devices os upgrades. I may be wrong...... And yes I've read the articles, done the research. And my conclusion is I believe nothing I hear and half of what I see. 

@ eagle go buy one........ If you are right you will never need another device...... Think about that. If it sounds too good....

Options

454 Posts

10-28-2017

United States of America

606 Signins

7395 Page Views

• Message 504 of 803

2018-02-10, 10:02 AM
It just doesn't make sense monetarily for Nokia or any other oem....... That's why it's never been done in the history of cellular devices
Options

454 Posts

10-28-2017

United States of America

606 Signins

7395 Page Views

• Message 505 of 803

2018-02-10, 10:04 AM

wrote:

wrote:

Lenovo eagle,lenovo 

Options

454 Posts

10-28-2017

United States of America

606 Signins

7395 Page Views

• Message 506 of 803

2018-02-10, 10:07 AM

wrote:

I do kind of want to read the whole saga ☺️.  Well more so since you called it a saga lol, makes me feel like I'm in for an adventure.

It's interesting to me since frankly, I didn't think Nokia was still around.  I thought they died when their gaming phone....I don't remember the name failed. Man it was all the hype for a minute too, I mean this was before all phones had game so I know this had to be like 2005ish?

To be real Frank I'm disappointed in alot of things phone related both by manufacturers and Google too. Like my kit Kat phone had nfc and wireless charging.  You would think 3 years later I would be upgrading but alot other then the os feels like a downgrade.  Since I know people will call bullshiz, I was rocking a Kyocera hydro icon, it was also waterproof.

I agree this phone could run Oreo and maybe it should.  I've just faced the facts that they are gonna be a**holes about it and 2 years from now I'll buy some cheap phone running Android 10 rather then expect any of them to do rigtht.

Depending on which one you have I have my E4 running updated, I put up a forum in the developer community forum here

Options

26 Posts

02-08-2015

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

24 Signins

202 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 202
  • Message 507 of 803

2018-02-10, 10:22 AM

wrote:

wrote:

Depending on which one you have I have my E4 running updated, I put up a forum in the developer community forum here

Can I ask what you mean your e4 running updated? And the development community? Anything I should be aware of ?

S.Cunningham
Options

454 Posts

10-28-2017

United States of America

606 Signins

7395 Page Views

• Message 508 of 803

2018-02-10, 10:25 AM
After further reading and actually going to the Nokia website, they are pushing Oreo BETA to those who apply.
The beta is being offered to devices Nokia has put on a list they would like to see receive Oreo in the future.
So essentially they are testing the waters, seeing how many consumers will apply to the beta test, then determine if the device will get the upgrade........
So where does this fit into Nokia upgrading all their mid tier devices????? It isn't
Options

454 Posts

10-28-2017

United States of America

606 Signins

7395 Page Views

• Message 509 of 803

2018-02-10, 10:28 AM
Basically my E4 is running nougat 7.1.2 but the mods get upset about talking about modifying here
Options

454 Posts

10-28-2017

United States of America

606 Signins

7395 Page Views

• Message 510 of 803

2018-02-10, 10:29 AM
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/MOTOROLA-Android-Developer/Unlocked-bootloader-TWRP-and-nougat-7-1-2-on-my-E4/td-p/3944504
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms