Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMOTO G 2nd Gen / Moto G 4G LTE 2nd Gen
All Forum Topics
Options

581 Posts

10-18-2014

United States of America

187 Signins

2917 Page Views

• Views: 2917
  • Message 91 of 101

Re: More Marshmallow/SD card issues

2016-04-01, 16:20 PM

wrote:

wrote:

Yes same for me, updates to apps always install to internal storage, you then have to move them again and get an error message when you try to move. Gets tp 90% drops back eventually drops to 10% then reports an internal error. Second time works.

A pretty poor implementation all round. I know much is related to limitations baked into 6 but Lenovo could have made it much better, for example it would make a lot of sense to have left the screen showing all the apps that could be moved to adopted with a simple select all functionality to make it more efficient rather than the pig in a poke check all your apps mess that it turned out to be. My last Motorola phone ever.

There are loads of apps in Play Store that will serve your needs. You can try AppMgr III/Link2Sd which I use regularly.

With Love,
Bubai
Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 92 of 101

2016-04-01, 16:54 PM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Yes same for me, updates to apps always install to internal storage, you then have to move them again and get an error message when you try to move. Gets tp 90% drops back eventually drops to 10% then reports an internal error. Second time works.

A pretty poor implementation all round. I know much is related to limitations baked into 6 but Lenovo could have made it much better, for example it would make a lot of sense to have left the screen showing all the apps that could be moved to adopted with a simple select all functionality to make it more efficient rather than the pig in a poke check all your apps mess that it turned out to be. My last Motorola phone ever.

There are loads of apps in Play Store that will serve your needs. You can try Link2Sd which I use regularly.

What you suggest requires root. Please don't offer suggestions that require root on the Motorola Forums as we don't support rooting and by extension any apps that require it. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

581 Posts

10-18-2014

United States of America

187 Signins

2917 Page Views

• Message 93 of 101

2016-04-01, 19:00 PM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

There are loads of apps in Play Store that will serve your needs. You can try Link2Sd which I use regularly.

What you suggest requires root. Please don't offer suggestions that require root on the Motorola Forums as we don't support rooting and by extension any apps that require it. 

I know the forum rools very well and I follwed them on a regular basis.

And no, these apps doesn't require root. I am using that. It just gather all the apps which are movable to SD card and once you hit move all it directly takes you to Apps>(App Name)>Storage page one by one and you just have to change the storage one by one. It saves a huge time.

AppMgr III (App 2 SD) this one is best for these kinda task. 

With Love,
Bubai
Options

226 Posts

01-31-2014

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1477 Signins

28692 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 28692
  • Message 94 of 101

2016-04-01, 19:29 PM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

And no, these apps doesn't require root. I am using that. It just gather all the apps which are movable to SD card and once you hit move all it directly takes you to Apps>(App Name)>Storage page one by one and you just have to change the storage one by one. It saves a huge time.

Thanks Bubai

Have just installed "appMgr III".

It certainly does make moving the movable apps over easier now :-)

Options

581 Posts

10-18-2014

United States of America

187 Signins

2917 Page Views

• Message 95 of 101

2016-04-01, 19:32 PM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Thanks Bubai

Have just installed "appMgr III".

It certainly does make the moving the movable apps over easier now :-)

Yes, AppMgr III is best for this operation and most important feature of this app is that it is well organised. Use the app, you will automatically meature how much time you are saving.

With Love,
Bubai
Options

20 Posts

04-15-2015

Ireland

21 Signins

167 Page Views

• Views: 167
  • Message 96 of 101

2016-04-04, 10:38 AM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

This is stock android, so don't get nexus either. you may want to get something that is heavily skinned like Samsung or LG.  Oh wait, Lg and Samsung removed the adoptable storage feature.  

So it looks like you may be stuck with just traditional external storage, and you could do that with your Moto G now and it will work as you expect.  

Nexus devices don't allow SD cards and 5X only has 32gb so if you want large storage on a near stock device there are very few options out there, the main reason I purchased MOTO was for near stock Android with regular updates, personally i'd never purchase a heavily skinned device and moving from Apple I went with Moto G over the X to test the water and not break the bank. I appreciate that the implementation is near stock but the Motorola notes indicated a more comprehensive solution around the adoptable storage in terms of apps so in fairness it just wasnt entirely clear where Android limitations ended and poor implementation began but in any event I agree with the sentiment; assuming it is stock then it is what it is on the MOTO phones and that's fair enough.

I will check out the apps as recommended by other users, hopefully that helps.

Options

1 Posts

04-04-2016

Ireland

3 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 97 of 101

2016-04-04, 18:53 PM

Hi,

I recently updated from Lollipop to Marshmallow. I have most of my apps moved to the SD card and they are still working, but now I cannot move apps to the SD card any more (and like with everyone I know the internal storage of 8gb is always maxed out). 

Do I seriously need to move all my files away from the SD card, format it and again move it to the "new" internal storage? Will my moved apps still work after that or do I need to re-install them (with all the history gone as well)? And I might not even have an advantage from that when my device decides that the SD card is "too slow"?

Will Motorola send me a fresh SD card to do that?

Seriously, who is responsible for that new "feature"? 

Options

199 Posts

01-30-2015

Germany

103 Signins

1129 Page Views

• Views: 1129
  • Message 98 of 101

2016-04-04, 20:24 PM

'Seriously, who is responsible for that new "feature"?'

Google of course.

How big is your SD card.
Card should be class 10 or higher.
Not all apps are created equal, depends on how the developers have implemented the ability to move to the SD card.
Some apps are still languishing in the KitKAt era or even earlier and have not been updated to work properly on Marshmallow.

Options

2 Posts

12-25-2014

India

2 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 99 of 101

2016-04-05, 8:27 AM

My problem was that i couldn't read the data on my SD external card of my Moto G 2nd gen.(XT1068) via Usb in my laptop.

I solved it extracting the SD card,

backing up it,

format it in the laptop as FAT32,

put it in the phone and when is recogniced, select "external device",

restore the backup to the SD card.

Now i can work normally with my laptop and the phone via usb. I can see the content of internal and external memories and manage the data between laptop and phone !

The problem with the battery optimization is not solved. The duration of the battery is the half before upgrade !

A very bad upgrade !

a little bit more options for the android but a lot of bugs and issues to force the obsolescence of our mobiles.

Maybe this is the real Motorola/Lenovo intention.

Options

199 Posts

01-30-2015

Germany

103 Signins

1129 Page Views

• Views: 1129
  • Message 100 of 101

2016-04-05, 18:45 PM

'The problem with the battery optimization is not solved. The duration of the battery is the half before upgrade !
A very bad upgrade !
a little bit more options for the android but a lot of bugs and issues to force the obsolescence of our mobiles.
Maybe this is the real Motorola/Lenovo intention.'

I don't think so. My upgrade to 6.0 went fine battery much better and SD card functions well as do others who have posted on this thread.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms