Options

27 Posts

07-13-2016

UK

27 Signins

216 Page Views

• Views: 216
  • Message 1 of 7

Will Motorola/Lenovo repair Moto 4G phones which have power-up issues?

2016-07-13, 23:21 PM

I have a Moto 4G and suddenly over the last couple of days it suddenly won't charge/power. I have tried holding the start button for 2 mins, I have tried charging with wall adaptors etc, nothing. Googling shows this is a VERY common problem, so why did Motorola release a phone with such a defect? My phone is older than a year now, so I assume its out of warranty but its pretty pathetic a manufacturer can only guarantee their product works for 12 months.

Motorola, will you honour the fact I paid you a lot of money for this defective item and offer to repair it for free? 

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: Will Motorola/Lenovo repair Moto 4G phones which have power-up issues?

2016-07-14, 0:07 AM

wrote:

I have a Moto 4G and suddenly over the last couple of days it suddenly won't charge/power. I have tried holding the start button for 2 mins, I have tried charging with wall adaptors etc, nothing. Googling shows this is a VERY common problem, so why did Motorola release a phone with such a defect? My phone is older than a year now, so I assume its out of warranty but its pretty pathetic a manufacturer can only guarantee their product works for 12 months.

Motorola, will you honour the fact I paid you a lot of money for this defective item and offer to repair it for free? 

This is a user to user forum. You need to contact customer service. But all phones I know of have a 12 month warranty (may vary by country) - but extended warranties are available. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

27 Posts

07-13-2016

UK

27 Signins

216 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2016-07-23, 14:09 PM

I found out what the problem is, letting the battery drop to 30% triggers the problem and then its difficult recharging it again. You have to recharge for a very long time, possibly a day depending how much time has elapsed. I'm hoping this problem just requires a new battery.

Options

27 Posts

07-13-2016

UK

27 Signins

216 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2016-07-23, 14:10 PM

I am sure I have seen official Lenovo representative accounts posting on here, apologising for problems etc?

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2016-07-23, 14:15 PM

wrote:

I am sure I have seen official Lenovo representative accounts posting on here, apologising for problems etc?

I am not sure what you are looking for. If your phone is having a problem, contact Moto customer care in your region for service. 

Service solutions vary in region and country.  Moto CS can help determine your options. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

27 Posts

07-13-2016

UK

27 Signins

216 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2016-07-23, 15:40 PM

Before I knew what the problem was, I rang Motorola. They were useful but the system stinks. They couldn't even tell me whether I would be charged for repairs because its outsourced to a separate company. Let me repeat that, Motorola couldn't tell me whether the service centre Motorola appointed to perform their UK repairs, would charge me.

So this is what will happen- I send my phone to this company, they invoice me, I tell them this is a problem with the design and should be repaired for free, they explain its nothing to do with them, speak to Motorola and Motorola will say nothing to do with them, they don't repair the phone........

Motorola must pay the service centre per repair, so ultimately Motorola decide whether to charge or not.

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2016-07-23, 15:45 PM

wrote:

Before I knew what the problem was, I rang Motorola. They were useful but the system stinks. They couldn't even tell me whether I would be charged for repairs because its outsourced to a separate company. Let me repeat that, Motorola couldn't tell me whether the service centre Motorola appointed to perform their UK repairs, would charge me.

So this is what will happen- I send my phone to this company, they invoice me, I tell them this is a problem with the design and should be repaired for free, they explain its nothing to do with them, speak to Motorola and Motorola will say nothing to do with them, they don't repair the phone........

Motorola must pay the service centre per repair, so ultimately Motorola decide whether to charge or not.

Is your phone still within the warranty period? I would assume they would have to ascertain if the issue is covered under warranty or the think it is an issue not covered due to abuse. 

The service center is paid either way, but they will decide if the repair is covered under warranty. If your phone shows no sign of abuse - liquid or drop, it should be covered. 

But even in USA where Moto does its own service work, they won't guarantee your phone is covered under warranty until they see and evaluate it. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete