Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdsm
Paper Tape
Views: 173
Message 21 of 28

Re: Access/Backup previously formatted SD card as internal storage in Android

i have the same issue
can i reuse my memory card by any means?
i don't need the data on the SD card.
can i format or wipe it?

Hi, I formatted my SanDisk 16gb card as Internal Storage for my Android Marshmallow 6.0 Moto G 2nd Gen XT1068 device. So far so good, the problem is that my phone was failing really bad yesterday not sure why, it won't move files from internal to the sd card so it was running out of space and the whole system started failing. I was not able to backup my SD card neither, because my developer options were blocked so no USB debugging available., I tried everything I found online, from stoping removing cache from Media internal app and some others, etc, and nothing worked.

So I decided to restore my phone to stock. I did this and now it works fine, however it does not recognize my SD card (because it was formatted as internal storage with the "previous" device) so now I have a 16gb SD Card (4GB occupied) inaccessible to make a backup.

Is there a way to gain access to this SD card so I can move out all the files I've in there so I can format it again as internal storage?

Any information missing please ask,

Thanks in advance,

Denis.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 169
Message 22 of 28

@jdsm wrote:

i have the same issue
can i reuse my memory card by any means?
i don't need the data on the SD card.
can i format or wipe it?

Hi, I formatted my SanDisk 16gb card as Internal Storage for my Android Marshmallow 6.0 Moto G 2nd Gen XT1068 device. So far so good, the problem is that my phone was failing really bad yesterday not sure why, it won't move files from internal to the sd card so it was running out of space and the whole system started failing. I was not able to backup my SD card neither, because my developer options were blocked so no USB debugging available., I tried everything I found online, from stoping removing cache from Media internal app and some others, etc, and nothing worked.

So I decided to restore my phone to stock. I did this and now it works fine, however it does not recognize my SD card (because it was formatted as internal storage with the "previous" device) so now I have a 16gb SD Card (4GB occupied) inaccessible to make a backup.

Is there a way to gain access to this SD card so I can move out all the files I've in there so I can format it again as internal storage?

Any information missing please ask,

Thanks in advance,

Denis.

You can always format the card and reuse it, provided it is sound from an transistor/cell write status. 

If you arleady reset the phone, there is no way to acess any data on it if it was formatted as internal/adopted. The encryption key was erased when the phone was reset, so the data can not be accessed. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
jdsm
Paper Tape
Views: 151
Message 23 of 28

yes i reset the phone but i don't need the data

i need to use the sd card again

please explain how can i format it ?
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 147
Message 24 of 28

@jdsm wrote:
yes i reset the phone but i don't need the data

i need to use the sd card again

please explain how can i format it ?

I have always been able to access it in the phone and format it from within the phone. If you can't do that, you may have to format it from a PC or Mac. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
jdsm
Paper Tape
Views: 134
Message 25 of 28

i tried on the phone,
on pc windows 7
on diskpart
on lunix

i couldn't format it at all,

please if you know a better way tell me
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 126
Message 26 of 28

@jdsm wrote:
i tried on the phone,
on pc windows 7
on diskpart
on lunix

i couldn't format it at all,

please if you know a better way tell me

Sounds like the card is damaged. 

jdsm
Paper Tape
Views: 106
Message 27 of 28

no hope!!
anything can i try ??
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 101
Message 28 of 28

@jdsm wrote:
no hope!!
anything can i try ??

It sounds like you have tried everything, so I don't have any other suggestions. You tried every format tool, on every platform.