Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RahulDesai1999
Blue Screen Again
Views: 171
Message 1 of 5

Android update. Moto g 2nd gen

My phone is unable to update the android. Currently running marshmallow. Everytime I try to update, it ends with the dead android and it says error, no code or any specification about the error. As my phone starts, it says Android update failed. And my phone won't even drop from reminding me about the update. Whats the latest version I can get? Is there another way to update my android which surely won't give an error? I don't mind factory resetting my phone. And I have resetted my phone multiple times, and the error is still persistent. So that's not a viable solution.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 121
Message 2 of 5

Re: Android update. Moto g 2nd gen

Hi RahulDesai1999,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We are always ready to help here. Motorola software updates for Moto G (2nd generation) will no longer be available after February 2018. This product will also no longer receive security updates. Please check the software upgrade page for more information: https://support.motorola.com/in/en/softwareupgrade

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

RahulDesai1999
Blue Screen Again
Views: 99
Message 3 of 5

Yes I understand but what about the update that has already been rolled out?

My phone is asking me to update it. But when I click ' I'm in', it starts the update and fails mid way. And I can't stop my phone asking me to update. Either tell me how to update it or tell me how to stop it from reminding me constantly.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 79
Message 4 of 5

@RahulDesai1999 wrote:

Yes I understand but what about the update that has already been rolled out?

My phone is asking me to update it. But when I click ' I'm in', it starts the update and fails mid way. And I can't stop my phone asking me to update. Either tell me how to update it or tell me how to stop it from reminding me constantly.

Hi RahulDesai1999,

Request you to check this below checkpoints & let us know. 

Tap on Settings>>Apps>>All(tab)>>MotorolaOTA>>Clear Cache. 

Uncheck the "Show notifications" option.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Highlighted
RahulDesai1999
Blue Screen Again
Views: 66
Message 5 of 5

I could not find any moto OTA option in the apps menu. I even selected show system apps.

Top Kudoed Authors