Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Haley1
What's DOS?
Views: 226
Message 1 of 13

[Answered] Device listed incorrectly in "My Stuff"

I've verified that the IMEI and the serial number are correct.  It's a Moto G, 2nd Generation, but listed as a Krave ZN4.  Um...No.

Customer care said to wait a few days, that it'll update.  I've never owned a Krave, so I have no idea what to do at this point.

Ideas?

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 2 of 13

Re: [Answered] Device listed incorrectly in "My Stuff"

Haley-

I'm seeing the same. Having someone look into this. In the mean time, can you go to Settings > Motorola ID and select your email address that you use on this community. I would like to see if it registers your device with correct model when doing on-device registration.

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Haley1
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 13

Mark (Forums Manager) said:

Haley-

I'm seeing the same. Having someone look into this. In the mean time, can you go to Settings > Motorola ID and select your email address that you use on this community. I would like to see if it registers your device with correct model when doing on-device registration.

Mark

Forums Manager

View original

No problem, I've signed in on my device now.  I had removed the sign in in order to try to do it again and get the correct device, but it didn't remove the Krave as my device even with my Moto G unregistered.  Confusing?!?

I chatted in about this problem a week or so ago.  The agent I chatted with said that IMEI numbers are not reused, that it must just be a system error, give it a few days, but I'm still seeing it.

Moto Emeritus
Message 4 of 13

Haley said:

Haley-

Mark

Forums Manager

View original

No problem, I've signed in on my device now.  I had removed the sign in in order to try to do it again and get the correct device, but it didn't remove the Krave as my device even with my Moto G unregistered.  Confusing?!?

I chatted in about this problem a week or so ago.  The agent I chatted with said that IMEI numbers are not reused, that it must just be a system error, give it a few days, but I'm still seeing it.

View original

Haley-

Yes you should still see the ZN4 until our Web Development team takes a look. I wanted to see if there was a second registration that was newer after you registered on your device instead of on the website. Can you please try disconnecting your account one more time on your phone under Motorola ID and then reselect it?

The Krave ZN4 is showing up after you registered on our website so it wouldn't be removed if you unregistered on your device. It appears there is some mismatch which we're looking into. 

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Haley1
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 13

Haley said:

Haley-

Mark

Forums Manager

View original

View original

Haley-

Yes you should still see the ZN4 until our Web Development team takes a look. I wanted to see if there was a second registration that was newer after you registered on your device instead of on the website. Can you please try disconnecting your account one more time on your phone under Motorola ID and then reselect it?

The Krave ZN4 is showing up after you registered on our website so it wouldn't be removed if you unregistered on your device. It appears there is some mismatch which we're looking into. 

Mark

Forums Manager

View original

Sure.  Unlinked it from my phone just now, and relinked it.  I'm not sure if this has anything to do with anything, but I did notice when I got on to Motorola.com (not the forums) my email address was listed incorrectly where it had not been before.  A period had been added between the first two letters of my address.  I edited it and my email address is now correct.

Moto Emeritus
Message 6 of 13

Haley-

For Gmail, essentially a period is ignored. firstname.lastname@gmail.com will be the same as firstnamelastname@gmail.com though we recognize it as separate accounts. Can you tell me if the account on your device has a period or no period? It would be good to have them aligned.

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Haley1
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 13

No period

Moto Emeritus
Message 8 of 13

Haley said:

No period

View original

Ah yes that is why it's not appearing on your profile. Unlink your Google account from Motorola and then relink it using email without email and it should add the on device registration.

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Moto Emeritus
Message 9 of 13

Haley-

Try re-registering.

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Moto Emeritus
Message 10 of 13

Haley-

Try re-registering.

Mark

Forums Manager

View original

Ignore. I just tried your serial number myself... It still shows Krave. We'll get it fixed.

Can you try on device registration? Settings > Motorola ID and select the email address you use on the forums. 

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee