Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zschmeez
What's DOS?
Views: 1,615
Message 11 of 17

Re: Apps taking long time to install.

I have experienced something similar on mine. Sometimes, the app will finish downloading, than freeze for 10-20 seconds before it starts installing. It hasn't been happening as frequently lately, but it used to happen almost every single time I installed or updated an app.

Also, app install speeds should not be affected by your network speed. Internet speeds will only affect the amount of time it takes for an app to download. Larger apps will install slower, that's just a fact of life.

Final idea is that it could be caused by a lack of storage. Phones slow down as they start to run out of storage. That's just a fact of life.

Hope this helps!

pranavharidas00
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 17

when i try to install an app , the downloading starts and after sometime the downloading stops.I have to try downloading again for 2-3 times more to install an app from the Play Store.Sometimes after the completion of download the installation won't take place.And i have to start again.Is this a Lollipop problem ?

Sri2702
802.11n
Message 13 of 17

I have this problem too. Whenever I install an app, it shows the "Installing" screen with the green line running at the top.It keeps on running and I have to ultimately press the Home Button and swipe it away. Then, I have to go to Settings>Apps and I can find the app there, but not in the App Drawer. I have to then Uninstall it from there and then it installs normally.

Happens sometimes, more often than not.

Roldorf
Token Ring
Message 14 of 17

I also have a delay between the download and the install (the green download indicator never gets to 100% and appears to 'hang'). This has only happened since the Lollipop upgrade and the Play Services which came with the new OS. I run Avast Mobile security. It used to indicate that it was checking the download for threats but since Lollipop and the latest update from Avast it no longer reports so that could be the delay.

Also don't forget that lollipop now uses ART instead of DALVIK. The delay could be caused by ART compiling the new app before running the indicator that shows it is installing the software.

I have never had an app not install, however I have cleared the cache and performed a factory reset after installing lollipop, especially important after the change from DALVIK to ART.

Roldorf
Token Ring
Message 15 of 17

Other things to try:

1. Clear the playstore cache.

2. Uninstall playstore updates and reinstall.

Some didn't get the new playstore update after the update to 5.0.2

SohailHusen
Fanfold Paper
Message 16 of 17

Alrady tried...But no use..the issue still persisit...I think the issue gets resolved in android 5.1

atul7kadam
What's DOS?
Views: 133
Message 17 of 17

This solution is only for those mobile takes to much time to install App even if download complete in few seconds. (In this case battery drain faster and mobile heats up every time )

Smartest solution is to check whether Which app takes more battery from setting -> battery. And check again which app take too much ram when not needed in background. (This can be check using running apps from developer option in setting, every phone has different way to activate developer option simply google it).

The app which take more ram and battery is the issue, check that app if it is crashing then uninstall that app and your problem is solved now.

If this is harder then simply check all apps in that which app crashing uninstall that one..