Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luis_Martinez1
What's DOS?
Views: 422
Message 1 of 5

Can Unlocked Moto G work with Verizon?

hello I am going to buy a motorola moto g next month in about 3 weeks and i am very confused about this whole gsm unlocked thing i am coming from a prepaid moto g from verizon and i want to know how to get service to make calls and use internet etc. i want to know how to get service and activate the phone (moto g second generation) before i get it so i wont have to return it thanks!

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can Unlocked Moto G work with Verizon?

@Luis_Martinez

If you intend to stay with Verizon Prepaid then an unlocked Moto G 2nd Gen will not work for you. Unlocked works for GSM service providers only. Verizon is a CDMA service provider so the phone isn't compatible. In order to use the second generation Moto G you'd need to switch to AT&T or T-Mobile or one of the other GSM providers in the US.

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Luis_Martinez1
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 5

I do not intend to stay with verizon and by switching to at&t or t-moblie would that mean i need a contract with them? because the moto g second generation says no contract 

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 4 of 5

Luis_Martinez said:

I do not intend to stay with verizon and by switching to at&t or t-moblie would that mean i need a contract with them? because the moto g second generation says no contract 

View original

@Luis_Martinez

I would contact T-Mobile/AT&T to find out what off-contract options they offer.

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 5

Mark (Forums Manager) said:

Luis_Martinez said:

View original

@Luis_Martinez

I would contact T-Mobile/AT&T to find out what off-contract options they offer.

Mark

Forums Manager

View original

Tmobile plans are found here.  

Don't forget that you can do prepaids via Walmart too ($30/mo plan and other plans here)

I haven't looked at AT&T as closely, but I believe they have offerings for no-contract customers...either that or they discount your monthly rate if you aren't using a subsidized device.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."