Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KaranJ
What's DOS?
Views: 305
Message 1 of 5

Charger heats up while charging

Hi

I just got the Moto Gen 2nd Gen last week. I loved the phone but I have a few tiny issues which I would love if they could be solved:

1. My charger heats up A LOT whenever I charge my phone. Someone told me they are signs of poor hardware. Should I get my phone replaced?

2. When I use an app for too long it freezes and even the back button freezes. I have to come out of the app and switch off the phone to access the app again,

Please let me know how I can resolve these issues.

Thanks in advance.

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 2 of 5

Re: Charger heats up while charging

It's best if you create one thread per issue. Helps us track issues better and also helps us understand how many people are affected.

1.Is it a Motorola Charger or 3rd Party Charger? Does heating occur any place you charge the phone or only certain locations? What is the phone doing at the time it is charging?

2. Please join an existing thread in progress or start a new thread. When you start a new thread please indicate which apps encounter freezing.

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
KaranJ
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 5

Hi Mark

I use a Motorola Charger only that came with the Mobile Phone. The charger heats up wherever I charge it. The phone is idle at the time of charging.

Thanks

sree_bk
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 5

Hi Karan,

Plz clarify that your moto Charger heating up or Phone is heating up and have you tried with any other charger?

forum will be able to help you give details.

- Sreedhar

praveen7
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 5

hi,

me too facing the same problem. im using the charger that came along with the phone.