cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Views: 825
Message 11 of 23

Re: Delayed or not receiving Notifications?

Sam87 said:

I got the OTA update yesterday and I'm still experiencing the same issues. This has become really frustrating. I will send some bug reports

View original

There weren't any fixes in the update for the issue you are experiencing. We need information from you to replicate it.

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Sam87
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 23

@mark
I have sent a bug report
Moto Emeritus
Message 13 of 23

Sam87 said:

@mark I have sent a bug reportView original

Sorry for my delay. I thought I had responded to this minutes after you sent it. I have forwarded the report on to the engineers for evaluation.

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Moto Emeritus
Message 14 of 23

wallman said:

I have a problem with notifications from the stock clock timer when display is off. I set a 15 minute countdown but didn't get any sound. After unlocking the device the countdown has long expired and was counting negative time.

And Chromecast is also stopping after every song... sad

I suspect that it is caused by the exzessive app killing https://forums.motorola.com/posts/6168839e0e

View original

Wallman:

Please do the bug report directions I provided for the countdown timer. Please tell us what notification you are using for the timer. Does this happen with other notification sound? We'll need a bug report from you to understand the issue. Please be specific when the issue occurs.

For Chromecast, there is a thread already for that: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/6abbf8f24b?commentId=819028#819028

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
JamesR
Punch Card
Message 15 of 23

I've noticed recently that I'm not getting Google Play notifications when there are app updates available. It's definitely OK in Settings (Notify option set to Yes). Hadn't had any updates in a while, went into My Apps and had 10 apps awaiting update.

oscillat0r
What's DOS?
Message 16 of 23

I've also noticed that if you receive a Whatsapp notification while the phone is sleeping, but before sleeping it was in the same active conversation in which you are receiving the conversation in the status bar, the notification will persist even if you have read it.

NexT
What's DOS?
Message 17 of 23

I have reported the same problem on my device, Brazilian model (xt1069). 

In the first 10 minutes after turning off the screen, I get notifications normally, but then I have random delays of 2 minutes to half an hour. 

I tried to replace my router and change all possible settings without success. Provisionally I installed an app that keeps awake WiFi and solved the problem (not yet noticed it is draining the battery).

Sorry for my bad english. rosado

HanyG
What's DOS?
Message 18 of 23

I have the same problem especially with wifi. When the screen is off. But if I but the phone in charger and screen is off it is working fine and no delay in notifications.

But without charging and screen of and connect to WiFi especially the notifications delayed depend on the period of sleeping phone.

My build is
build 21.11.17.titan_retuglb.retuglb.en.US
Raghu7
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 23

HanyG said:

I have the same problem especially with wifi. When the screen is off. But if I but the phone in charger and screen is off it is working fine and no delay in notifications. But without charging and screen of and connect to WiFi especially the notifications delayed depend on the period of sleeping phone. My build is build 21.11.17.titan_retuglb.retuglb.en.USView original

What is the sleep policy that you have set in Wi-Fi Advanced settings? Can you change the setting - "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" to "Always" and check if the issue is reproducible?

Atfos
What's DOS?
Message 20 of 23

I also have this problem, if I use my phone and someone contacts me on Viber the phone rings, but if it is in standby it won't ring and I will get a notification later on about missed call.  Other notifications behave in the same manner, regardless if I use the phone on wifi or gsm data.  I bought the phone in the USA (Global unlocked version).  I just hope these things will improve with the new Android update "Lollipop".