cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable
Views: 673
Message 1 of 5

Does Moto G 2nd need a screen protector?

I'm not sure if Moto G 2nd has Gorilla Glass as the first.

But even if it has Gorilla Glass, should we use a screen protector?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 5

Re: Does Moto G 2nd need a screen protector?

That's a question that has no definitive answer.  :-)

As you can see from this post by the forum manager, the phone does have Gorilla Glass.  

Gorilla Glass is glass, and it can break just like any other glass.  Gorilla Glass is scratch resistant, but it is not scratch-proof.  Still, many people use their phones without a protector because they prefer the way the glass feels.  And just as many prefer the presence of a screen protector for the added protection.

If your phone is exposed to sand or another grit, then I would recommend you find a screen protector to your liking.  Sand or grit in your pocket (if that's where you keep your phone) is almost guaranteed to scratch the glass sooner or later.

If you're primarily in a grit-free environment, and you prefer the feel of the glass, then you can try going without a protector.  If you've used a screen protector in the past and liked it, you might want to consider that brand.  There are even glass screen protectors which are pricey, but tend to better fit the needs of those who prefer the feel of glass.

It comes down to your choice, your decision.   :-)

motoG_-_Gaurav
802.11n
Message 3 of 5

As rightly pointed by crystallet, to use or not to use a screen guard is a matter of personal choice.

From a user' experience I've been using my device without a protector for sometime & it is working fine, except for finger prints which you can wipe-off any time.

Not applicable
Message 4 of 5

Thank you. I've seen that post.The moderator replied September 6. Today is September 28. And they still haven't updated the specs. Why? I also talked with Support on chat and they said the same thing. It has Gorilla Glass and we will update the page ASAP.

Anyway, if it does have Gorilla Glass, I think will skip the screen protector for now.

I also saw this: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/4e6e37df37

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 5

I have used my Moto X 1st gen both with and without a protector (currently without), and I have never had a problem with tapping/scrolling.  When a thread starts running 5+ pages, scroll through it to see how many people have a similar problem.  When there's only one user having the problem, I wouldn't worry about it.

Matt, the forum manager, is a Motorola employee.  While he could make a mistake (he is, after all, only human), when he gives the people in the forum a bit of information, you can rely on it.  It's Gorilla Glass.

I hope you enjoy your phone!  I don't have one, but I've heard excellent things about it!