09-19-2014 09:46 AM
Hello, yesterday I ordered the device and I should receive next week (i live in Italy, I will receive from UK).
I have just few questions:
1 ) Does the Fm radio has the RDS? Can it be used without headphone?
2) Can the 3rd part applications write on the Sd card? I use the app "A better camera", can it store the photos in the Sd or it can by done by the stock application only?
3) Does it support OTG and HDMI?
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-19-2014 10:05 AM
1) Yes, it has RDS. I get two lines of data. The first line is the limited data (8 characters or so constantly scrolling), while the 2nd line varies per station (I have see the full song name and radio station, and sometimes just the radio station).
You do need headphones to play radio. If you don't have them in, you get this message "Please plug in your headphones, they act as an FM antenna).
I don't know the answer to your other two questions. I am getting an SD card later today.
09-20-2014 12:50 AM
Like you I'm waiting for a Moto G2 to arrive but on the original Moto G you can only listen through the headset as there is no facility to listen to FM radio through the speaker using the stock FM radio app.
If you want to use a headset with buttons (to control both calls and radio) search on the Moto G forum as there are debates about which headsets work and which don't. I use a simple headset (no buttons) with 3 contacts on the 3.5mm plug which works fine.
09-24-2014 06:51 AM
2) Apps can be put on SD if they are written to Android 4.4 Standard. You should be able to store Images to the SD Card.
3) Yes it supports OTG. There is no HDMI port on the Moto G 2nd Gen