cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seamigo
Blue Screen Again
Views: 52,453
Message 1 of 6

Google Play services not supported by my device?

I have a Moto G, working fine with Google play for the year I've owned it. Now, after returning from an international trip where I had cell data turned off (back on again), I can't use most Google services like Gmail, calendar, Play music, etc, and I get a message that says "____ won't run without Google Play services, which are not supported by your device." And then closes that app before I can access it. Oddly, chrome works, and I was getting calendar notifications, though I couldn't access the calendar. The version of Play installed is 10.0.84. The options to disable and force stop in the app manager are grayed out. Not sure what to do here, and my Google search inqueries were pretty fruitless.

Hoshang
WWAN
Views: 51,906
Message 2 of 6

Re: Google Play services not supported by my device?

Go To Settings> Security > Device Administators> Disable Android Device manager. Now Go to Apps and Disable Google Play Services and Clear Its data, Clear Data of Play Store too. Reboot device andd Enable Google Play Services. Now Go To settings>Google> Touch Three dot in Right Top Corner, Go to Help And Feedback and Then again Touch Three dot and Go to View in Play Store and Now Update it.

U will need to sign in again in all google accounts.

Hoshang
Seamigo
Blue Screen Again
Views: 51,880
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for this pathway, though, I don't think it solved the issue.  I followed it precisely, but when I went to the play store via the browser, when I tried to install, it said that it was already installed on my XT1064, leaving no option to uninstall, or reinstall. 

One curiosity I noted is that the play store icon is absent from my phone's apps menus.

The problem remains.

Hoshang
WWAN
Views: 51,864
Message 4 of 6

Try Factory reset.

Hoshang
Camijo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 51,006
Message 5 of 6

i have same problem although google play store is not even listed as as app. I have cleared data and cache, r, ebooted, did a factory reboot, nothing works at all. I cannot get gmail, photos,, nothing. I have tried to reinstall play services, nothing works at all. I have version moto g4play6.0.1, phone is basically junk now what can i do?
ineedhelpnow
What's DOS?
Views: 9,278
Message 6 of 6

It doesn't seem like this problem has been solved. Does anyone know how to fix it??

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More