Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarthakmalik
What's DOS?
Views: 6,792
Message 1 of 11

Google now Launcher laggy!!!

I noticed that Google Now Launcher is getting more and more laggy. Homescreen reprints, appdrawer background goes blank, app drawer takes time to load up. Nova Launcher just works fine for me. I am amazed to see that a third party launcher works better than the stock launcher. Please work on this. Btw I am uding a dual sim variant XT1068 on KitKat 4.4.4.
vivekanandh02
802.11n
Views: 6,824
Message 2 of 11

Re: Google now Launcher laggy!!!

Clear data Go to setting->apps->All-> Google search -> clear data. Or try clearing cache partition.
Highlighted
Robert120C
What's DOS?
Views: 6,780
Message 3 of 11

Vivek,

That tip worked perfectly for me! How often do you recommend clearing? I have had my Moto G for only about a month and there were 75MB of data.

Robert

K1Ng0r_fTw
Token Ring
Message 4 of 11

Ya its to much laggy i m using nova prime super smooth.

sarthakmalik
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 11

Thanks for the tip Vivek! Cheers mate!
vivekanandh02
802.11n
Message 6 of 11

Robert120C 

I recommend it often because these are temporary file which save the setting , etc., 

The data is measured by how much you use that app not by the time you are using. 

After Clearing App data  - Google now data will be retrieved automatically. 

If you found a game laggy then don't use this method as it will erase game's data files

vivekanandh02
802.11n
Message 7 of 11

sarthakmalik said:

Thanks for the tip Vivek! Cheers mate!View original

I am Glad it Worked.

This may also fit for many apps but not fit for games because it clears all setting and restore default settings. So beware before using. 

-Vivek

Robert120C
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 11

Update on my laggy performance:

My launcher started slowing down again right away. Play Music kept starting and stopping. I noted that my Starbucks app was trying to restart on my SD card. 

Long story short, soon after that my phone gave me an error message that I had unmounted my SD card. I had never touched the SD card but I shut down my phone and removed it and rebooted. I tried to erase it and each time got an error back.

Lots of people online in xda and android central posted similar pausing problems. There is a huge thread here on Motorola about SD cards.

Now the phone is running perfectly, albeit with the internal 8GB only. If and whenever Cricket sends me Lollipop I don't know what will happen, but I will look to these forums for help.

Robert at 120C

sarthakmalik
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 11

And along with this laggy shit the memory bug is so annoying. I heard Motorola didn't even address this bug in the lollipop update. I haven't even got the lollipop update and it's been like a month since it has been released in the US.
Sri2702
802.11n
Message 10 of 11

sarthakmalik said:

And along with this laggy *** the memory bug is so annoying. I heard Motorola didn't even address this bug in the lollipop update. I haven't even got the lollipop update and it's been like a month since it has been released in the US.View original

They have addressed this issue in an update after the Lollipop one.