Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
janni_b
Paper Tape
Views: 92
Message 1 of 2

HELP NEEDED to access my old Moto G phone

I have an old Moto G that hasn't been used for a few years.

I was going to lend the old phone to someone whose phone has a fault and needs repaired.  However when I switched my old Moto G on it asked for a numerical code.  I don't remember ever having this.  I thought I used a pattern screen lock but I could be mistaken  (I've since used a Moto G4 and a Moto G4 Plus).

Is there any way I can unlock the screen?  I think it's a Moto G LTE 2nd generation.  Definitely Moto G LTE.

Thanks.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 80
Message 2 of 2

Re: HELP NEEDED to access my old Moto G phone

@janni_b wrote:

I have an old Moto G that hasn't been used for a few years.

I was going to lend the old phone to someone whose phone has a fault and needs repaired.  However when I switched my old Moto G on it asked for a numerical code.  I don't remember ever having this.  I thought I used a pattern screen lock but I could be mistaken  (I've since used a Moto G4 and a Moto G4 Plus).

Is there any way I can unlock the screen?  I think it's a Moto G LTE 2nd generation.  Definitely Moto G LTE.

Thanks.

If it requires a passcode there is no way past this. You could do an external factory reset, but you will need the gmail account password if you have reset protection enabled - this is a default setting if there is a passcode. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum