Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PHF
What's DOS?
Views: 319
Message 1 of 4

How do I enable Location?

New phone. Used a Motorola Lux(?) until now and had no problems with MayMyRide. On the Moto G the app will not/cannot acquire a satellite. Online help says go to location. Fine, I can do that. Then says "standalone GPS" - I cannot get to this option! Location only shows recent requests and google Location Reporting. Suggestions gratefully received, Paul

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 2 of 4

Re: How do I enable Location?

Settings > Location > Mode

Are you set to High Accuracy?

Settings > Location > Location Services > Google Location Reporting > Determine if you will turn on location reporting for the device based on Google account

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
PHF
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

Hi Mark - I have, following a "chat" (only took an hour to connect...) found out that it is Location then Mode. The phone was set to "battery saving" and needed to be on High Accuracy. It's not clear from the phone that there are other options for "mode" - I should have been clever enough to look there, but wasn't. Especially when the website help tells you to go to location and then a couple of other steps which do not actually exist on the Moto G 2nd Gen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, no, I was not set to high accuracy, but am now! Thanks, Paul

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 4 of 4

PHF-

Thanks for your feedback. Can you tell me which FAQ you were looking at.

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee