Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giangi
SCSI Port
Views: 1,933
Message 1 of 8

How to force unlink Motorola Device ID

Hi!

Last week I had to replace my wife's MotoG, unfortunately I didn't know that one must unlink the phone with Motorola Device ID before wiping it!!! angry

Now one her "My Stuff" page there are two MotoG connected, I was able to make primary the current one but on the other the "Remove" button just shows the message "Unlink your Motorola Device ID from your device to Remove".

We started a chat with Motorola's support and after a while I was able to let the operator understand that:

1. we do not have anymore physical access to the old phone

2. the old phone was wiped 2 times before sending back to Amazon

Finally the OP understood and wrote "I will escalate this case to our team and they will get back to you about this concern. Our team will get back to you with in 24-48hrs."

That was last Friday... I can wait 2 more days before contacting them again (I do have a PDF print of the chat), but while waiting I'm asking here just to be sure that really there is not quick way to force a phone removal from the Motorola account... wink

Thanks and ciao!

Ciao,
Giangi
bksingh211953
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 8

Re: How to force unlink Motorola Device ID

Reset it

Giangi
SCSI Port
Message 3 of 8

How??? we DO NOT have the old phone anymore! ...and I have resetted it twice before sending back to Amazon!!!!

Or do you mean the new one? If yes, why?

Ciao,
Giangi
Highlighted
JasonvandeLaar
Broadband 3G
Views: 1,937
Message 4 of 8

Post your concern in "forum feedback" this is the best bet to receive a fix to this issue.

Jason van de Laar
PhoneDonkey
WWAN
Message 5 of 8

As JvdL says. have a read of this thread in that forum  https://forums.motorola.com/posts/a6dd060fc8?commentId=819273#819273 and pay attention to the suggestions posted by Mark (Forums manager) on October 20th 2014,  You have to access Motorola from a different web portal. Try this one https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/mcp/my_devices/

Giangi
SCSI Port
Message 6 of 8

PhoneDonkey said:

You have to access Motorola from a different web portal.

View original

I've followed your suggestion and it worked! https://forums.motorola.com/comment/973961

...unfortunately I cannot change the "Best Answer" mark... frown

Ciao,
Giangi
PhoneDonkey
WWAN
Message 7 of 8

Thanks for coming back to report success as it helps others, so many never bother. Glad it worked.smiley

Mark811
802.11n
Message 8 of 8

Thanks Giangi for starting this thread and thanks to PhoneDonkey for a solution, my broken phone is now removed from "my stuff" :-)