Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
desktop4ever
What's DOS?
Views: 2,540
Message 1 of 9

Logo screen flashes then phone vibrates turns off

My phone loops through a logo screen then vibrates and turns off.  On Sept. 20th I used the solution: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/99825/kw/recovery/p/... to resolve this problem.

Now when I enter fast boot mode and connect to a PC the screen looks like this, but when I select Recover the logo flashes but I don't see the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark) It won't go into recovery mode.  Is there another way to enter recovery mode?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 9

Re: Logo screen flashes then phone vibrates turns off

Are you just having a problem getting into recovery mode, or is your phone not booting normally at all?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
desktop4ever
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 9

My phone is not booting normally at all.  It cycles from a logo screen then vibrates and then the screen goes dark then the logo screen appears again...  The last time this happened was on Sept. 20th, 2015.  Back then I used the solution: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/99825/kw/recovery/p/... that I found in the forum to get the phone working again.

Now when I try to use the solution the phone won't go into recovery mode.  After I select "Recovery" in blue text as shown above from Fastboot mode the phone goes back to the logo screen then vibrates and then the screen goes dark.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 9

Thanks for clarifying. If your phone has done this 2 times and now you can't get into recovery mode, it sounds like you have a hardware issue. 

Did anything change prior to this issue starting?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
desktop4ever
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 9

I'm not aware of any change.  The phone has been cycling for over two days.  I have tried to enter recovery mode multiple times.  It will only charge when connected to a PC.  I didn't notice any update before the phone started cycling.  Is that what you mean by change?  

I read a text.  Put down the phone and when I picked it up it was flashing the logo and turning off.  I tried the "Hold power button for 7 - 10 seconds" process and there was no change.  After I got home I looked up the other solution that worked previously and still got no improvement.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 9

SMS?  Or MMS?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 7 of 9

I wasn't really looking for any type of change. Just wondering if something different had happened. 

desktop4ever
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 9

I'm sending the phone in for repair. It was an MMS group message. I'm not aware that anyone else on the message is having a problem.
james909
What's DOS?
Views: 1,628
Message 9 of 9

Hi. I have the same problem. Did you ever fix it?