Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MGMaestro
Blue Screen Again
Views: 447
Message 1 of 6

Moto 2G: Using SD card as Inernal Storage

Hi

I want to use the SD card on my Moto 2g as internal storage - primarily to move Apps.

The help on the phone indicates that once it's formatted as internal I should be able to move Apps under Settings>Apps>select application or Settings>Apps>On SD Card.  None of these options are available - when I go to Settings>Apps it simply lists the Apps with no option to move them from the internal memory to the SD card.

Any help/feedback appreciated.

MGMaestro

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 394
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto 2G: Using SD card as Inernal Storage

Hi MGMaestro,

Please check this link. It should be helpful. Just a heads up, some third-party apps might not have permission to be moved. This will depend on the developer of the app.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

MGMaestro
Blue Screen Again
Views: 368
Message 3 of 6

H Daisy

Thanks for the reply.

My phone does not have the appropriate menus (as detailed in the info in the links) to allow transfer of Apps to the SD card.

I have overcome the problem of transfering Apps the the SD ard by downloading and using a third party App: AppMgr III.

Kind regards

MGMaestro

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 349
Message 4 of 6

@MGMaestro wrote:

H Daisy

Thanks for the reply.

My phone does not have the appropriate menus (as detailed in the info in the links) to allow transfer of Apps to the SD card.

I have overcome the problem of transfering Apps the the SD ard by downloading and using a third party App: AppMgr III.

Kind regards

MGMaestro

Glad to know that!

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Estherski
Paper Tape
Views: 314
Message 5 of 6

Hi Daisy,

I have the same issue. I don't have the right menus to move the apps onto the SD card (No Application > Storage > Storage location ) & when I go on Settings > Storage > select SD card > select the three dots in the upper right, it doesn't show "> Settings > Move Media." but 'Rename', 'Eject' and 'Format as portable'.
And even after I've erased all the apps on my phone, I don't have enough space to download AppMgr III. So what should I do?
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 292
Message 6 of 6

@Estherski wrote:
Hi Daisy,

I have the same issue. I don't have the right menus to move the apps onto the SD card (No Application > Storage > Storage location ) & when I go on Settings > Storage > select SD card > select the three dots in the upper right, it doesn't show "> Settings > Move Media." but 'Rename', 'Eject' and 'Format as portable'.
And even after I've erased all the apps on my phone, I don't have enough space to download AppMgr III. So what should I do?

As mentioned earlier, third-party apps (downloaded apps) might not have the option to move to SD card due to permission from its Developers. Downloaded applications, their data, is always internal. they can not be moved to the card. This includes some of the preloaded apps.

SD card is best for media storage only (photos, videos, music).

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support