Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lazarock
What's DOS?
Views: 161
Message 1 of 2

Moto G 2 wifi not turning on

Hello !

I tried to restart my old Moto G 2nd gen yesterday (My wife broke her phone screen so she needed a "temp" phone), but the wifi don't turn on.

When I try to, it switch to off the same second.

I tried a lot of things from the internet :

Tried to restard in safe mode, no effect, tried to do a factory reboot, no effect, tried to use the WPS, no effect.

I saw a strange MAC adress (02:00:00:00:00:00), maybe that's why ? But can't change it

Its android version is 6.0, I don't know if you need some more informations ?

If you have some idea to restore the wifi, that would be life saving !

Former Employee
Views: 115
Message 2 of 2

Re: Moto G 2 wifi not turning on

@Lazarock wrote:

Hello !

I tried to restart my old Moto G 2nd gen yesterday (My wife broke her phone screen so she needed a "temp" phone), but the wifi don't turn on.

When I try to, it switch to off the same second.

I tried a lot of things from the internet :

Tried to restard in safe mode, no effect, tried to do a factory reboot, no effect, tried to use the WPS, no effect.

I saw a strange MAC adress (02:00:00:00:00:00), maybe that's why ? But can't change it

Its android version is 6.0, I don't know if you need some more informations ?

If you have some idea to restore the wifi, that would be life saving !

Hi Lazarock,

Thank you for posting, it sounds more like Battery issue to me. Just to narrow down--do you notice auto-start at any settings/option/function you perform on your device or is it just happens while you enable Mobile WiFi on your device every time? If you notice the same behavior on your device post checking in Safe Mode or Factory Data Reset without restore--then our best bet would be to have your device sent for Service/Repair.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943