03-04-2016 10:54 AM
My Moto G 2014 (2nd Gen) offered the Marshmallow 6.0 upgrade on March 1, 2016. I did it, and I have had significant issues with calls in the two days since. I have spent the last two days running the phone through extensive tests to try to detect patterns and when the following problems happen:
1. Outgoing Calls. About two out of three outgoing calls are silent. Sometimes speaker phone works, and sometimes it doesn’t allow me to press it. I can see that the phone is dialing, but I can’t hear it ringing. When the “dialing” word stops the slow flash, I assume the call has been answered, but I can’t hear the person I called and they can’t hear me. I also cannot disconnect the call by pressing the red end call button. Then this message pops up: “Process system isn’t responding. Do you want to close it? Wait/OK”
2. Incoming Calls. I can see that a call is coming in, but when I try to swipe to answer it, it either does not allow the swipe (50% of the time) or it answers but I cannot hear the caller. About half the time, the speakerphone icon doesn’t respond to the touch. And when I CAN get the call on speaker, sometimes I can hear the caller and sometimes I can’t.
3. And then unexpectedly, I can make a call or receive one, but ONLY on speaker.
What I’ve done:
1. I cleared the cache partition.
2. Booted up in safe mode. These problems still occur in safe mode.
03-04-2016 12:00 PM
I have the same problem right now with the Motorola Moto g. I've tried to clear the cache partition too, but it still does not work. The only thing I have not performed yet is a factory reset or a downgrade because I would prefer to avoid them. I also downloaded an app, Soud About, that is supposed to manage the audio advices, but it was useless. Does anyone know how to resolve this problem?
03-05-2016 08:40 AM - edited 03-05-2016 08:43 AM
I am having the same issue with my Moto G 2nd Gen. Silent calls. Factory reset "fixed" the issue but after a reboot the problem was back.
03-13-2016 10:20 PM
Same issue except calls never works. It worked fine for a year until recent Marshmallow upgrade. Carrier is T-Mobile.
Mic and dynamic works fine for other applications but not with calls. Also calls works with headset.
I've tried wiping cache partition and safe mode, tried to change network to 3G but it appears that it's already 3G.
There was also a couple of solutions like: cleaning audio input, changing ring volume with headset, etc... Neither works.
03-20-2016 10:40 AM
Same problem with no sounds on calls -- either outgoing or incoming. The phone rings but can't hear anything on either end when answered. Someone mentioned using a headset, voila -- calls can then be heard. Weird.
Also, I've done several factory resets. The calls come in properly for a while. I began adding apps and the phone quickly began having the problem again. BUT, to make it weirder, the phone was working fine last night with a couple of apps added. This morning with no changes to the phone content, it no longer works properly. That's when I noticed the post about using a headset and gave that a try. I don't want to have to carry a headset around with me..... Hopefully someone will suggest a permanent solution.
03-21-2016 08:43 AM
Same here! I've done several factory resets, and same unpredictability. I'm at the end of my tether and am contacting Motorola. I'm still under warranty and I'm going to ask for a new phone.
03-21-2016 11:58 AM
I called Motorola. They had no other suggestions and are sending me a new phone. Luckily this one was still under warranty for a few more weeks. Hopefully the new one comes with Marshmallow installed and works properly.