Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeirdreB
Paper Tape
Views: 2,117
Message 11 of 29

Re: Moto G 2014 (2nd gen) Call Issues after Marshmallow upgrade

I sent the phone back already, so I can't absolutely confirm, but I believe it is in settings.  There were instructions when I went through the trouble shooting guide on the Motorola website.  Make sure to back up any data before doing the reset.  Also they say you should not let the phone automatically reload your previous settings and apps when it starts back up.  There are good instructions on the website.

DeirdreB
Paper Tape
Views: 2,116
Message 12 of 29

Here's the link from which you can start the trouble shooting :  https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/mcp/landing_troubleshooter/g_id/5059

I selected the call icon and went from there.

windygale
Paper Tape
Views: 2,033
Message 13 of 29

PHONE AUDIO:  I had same exact problem with phone audio.  It worked perfectly until I upgraded to Marshmallow.  90% of the time you cannot hear the other person, they cannot hear you, you cannot hear it dial, but you can see it was answered, then once in a while it will work.  You think you've resolved it, but it quickly stops working again.  Saw another post about speakers being inverted by the Marshmallow upgrade, so I plugged in ear buds and voila, sound works.  Cannot exactly spend my life with earbuds, so would appreciate Android/Motorola fixing this bug.  Have not found any other Marsmallow issues, yet.

DeirdreB
Paper Tape
Views: 1,977
Message 14 of 29

Got my phone back after about 2 weeks.  It seems to be working OK now.  From their e-mail to me:  We had to make extensive changes, but it's now in good working condition.  I'll check back in if things go downhill quickly......

maph
Paper Tape
Views: 1,927
Message 15 of 29

Deirdre,

Did you call Motorola, or did you start the process with their "return or repair" page online?  What do you recommend?

DeirdreB
Paper Tape
Views: 1,924
Message 16 of 29

I started with a chat and was told to call their customer service number.  Btw, phone is still working.

DeirdreB
Paper Tape
Views: 1,899
Message 17 of 29

So, got the phone back last Wednesday after "extensive" fixes.  Same issues when I tried to answer a phone call this PM.  No sound without headset.  Worked again after a reset.  Any bets on how long before it stops working?  10 days before warranty ends.  Planned obsolescence?

colin_young
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,786
Message 18 of 29

I've also been having the same sorts of problems that started after the "upgrade" to Marshmallow/6.0. I'd estimate the phone works about 25% of the time on Bluetooth.

colin_young
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,780
Message 19 of 29

I should mention a few things:

• My phone is almost always plugged in with a 3.5mm jack in the car
  • I see the same issues whether or not it is connected via the headphone jack
  • Sometimes I can get the phone to work by pressing the "transfer call" button that my car (2007 Prius) offers. I have no idea what it is, and only discovered it by accident one day
  • My car only supports phone audio, not media (hence the headphone connection)
  • The other day after 5+ attempts to make a connection, once I was connected after about 5 minutes the phone randomly disconnected from Bluetooth and switched to speakerphone. As in completely, the car BT interface was gone.
  • I didn't encounter any of these problems pre-marshmallow in the same car, and nearly 100% of calls worked on the first attempt, so this is clearly a software issue associated with marshmallow.

Colin

unwary-upgrader
What's DOS?
Views: 1,776
Message 20 of 29

I had this problem, and Motorola's  only suggestion was a factory reset. This does appear to work for a while until the problem re-occurs. I found a workaround on another forum. The phone application has a setting to control Hearing Aid accessibility. Something appears to inadvertently turn this setting on after the Marshmallow upgrade, and when it does, the phone stops working, and the symptoms described occur - cannot hear a connection you make or receive. Turn this setting off and the phone starts working again.

Not sure where the actual bug resides, but this workaround will at least temporarily fix the problem. I'm expecting it re-occur again, but changing a setting is a lot easier than a factory reset and reload.