Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colin_young
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,445
Message 21 of 29

Re: Moto G 2014 (2nd gen) Call Issues after Marshmallow upgrade

Thanks. I will check that setting next time I encounter this issue.

I did do a cache wipe yesterday and subjectively the phone feels like it is performing better and I was able to successfully complete a call on BT, but I've only made a single attempt so far.

maph
Paper Tape
Views: 1,409
Message 22 of 29

Hello, Everyone!  Here's an update on my Moto G 2nd gen phone's issues after the Marshmallow upgrade.  A surprising thing happened last night that fixed my issues -- for now.

After the upgrade, I could no longer make or receive any calls without the phone being on speaker or having earbuds in. In addition, after a call in or out, I had to turn the phone off and on again before I could hear another call at all (even on speaker or with earbuds).  So I went through this whole process every time.

Yesterday I bought an iHome bluetooth speaker.  I paired it successfully and was happily listening to some music on YouTube.  About 30 minutes in, I heard a loud "POP!" and the phone went black.  I was ready to fling it out the window, but I hit the power button quickly, and the home screen appeared.  I swiped in and it resumed the YouTube channel.

Today I accidentally made a second call right after a first one, instead of turning the phone off and on.  It worked!  I made call after call after call in joyous celebration.  This was in my car so I only made the calls on speaker.  At home, I tried making calls the regular way, no earbuds...AND IT WORKED.

As Deirdre pondered, maybe the Marshmallow upgrade on the Moto G 2nd gen is planned obsolescence.  I was thinking of getting a new phone.  But for now, I'll enjoy using my phone like a normal person. 

So if you're having this problem, I recommend pairing your phone with a bluetooth and letting it malfunction briefly.  It just might work!

MaheshKolla
What's DOS?
Views: 1,327
Message 23 of 29

NO AUDIO :I am facing very strange problem after Marshmallow 6.0 update. Before the update, it was working fine, but after installing Marshmallow , i cant get audio during voice calls whether its incoming call or outgoing.I can not hear any sound from my mobile(songs, vidoes etc.).

Though restarting also not helped. Is there any permanent solution?

DeirdreB
Paper Tape
Views: 1,320
Message 24 of 29

I'm not aware of anything you can try beyond what's already been suggested in this thread.  The issue that I'd experienced only involved the audio on phone calls, not music or other apps.  So it be a different problem altogether.  Can you hear audio through bluetooth or ear buds?

MaheshKolla
What's DOS?
Views: 1,297
Message 25 of 29

Yes, I can hear audio through ear buds
DeirdreB
Paper Tape
Views: 1,295
Message 26 of 29

There are several suggestions about connecting to blue tooth in the thread above.  I never tried those.  But doing a factory reset worked temporarily for me.  Good luck!

MaheshKolla
What's DOS?
Views: 1,277
Message 27 of 29

Even I have done factory reset but it did not work for me

colin_young
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,039
Message 28 of 29

Ha ha. Clearing the cache made the phone usable for all of about 1 day, then it was back to its usual antics.

You know what else didn't solve the call sound issue? Rooting the phone and switching to Cyanogenmod.

cnote
Paper Tape
Views: 400
Message 29 of 29

My outgoing and incoming calls also went silent. I also noticed the "mute" button is in the "on" position and I can't turn "mute" off.  What now?