Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ckan98
Paper Tape
Views: 3,730
Message 1 of 65

Moto G 2nd - Touch Delay

There is a big problem with this terminal has touch delay due to kernel motorola Github, need to be fixed in an upcoming update (in device XT1064, XT1068)

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,619
Message 2 of 65

Re: Moto G 2nd - Touch Delay

@ckan98 wrote:

There is a big problem with this terminal has touch delay due to kernel motorola Github, need to be fixed in an upcoming update (in device XT1064, XT1068)

Hi ckan98, 

Can you please follow the steps on this link so you can clear the cache partition and check if after doing this work please let me know it.

Regards, 

Maya

Motorola Support Team

ckan98
Paper Tape
Views: 3,611
Message 3 of 65

it

@Agent_Maya wrote:

@ckan98 wrote:

Hi ckan98, 

Can you please follow the steps on this link so you can clear the cache partition and check if after doing this work please let me know it.

Regards, 

Maya

Motorola Support Team

@Agent_Maya wrote:

@ckan98 wrote:

Hi ckan98, 

Regards, 

Maya

Motorola Support Team

it does not work Smiley Sad the problem is all custom roms Marshamallow

josfr4ncisco
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,557
Message 4 of 65

Yep, I can confirm that. It doesn't affect only custom ROMs, some games on stock are not working properly due to the touch drivers (Vainglory, for example). Motorola, please upload a fixed kernel on Github and push an update to fix those issues!
Moto G 2014 running stock Android 6.0
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,534
Message 5 of 65

@ckan98 wrote:

it

@Agent_Maya wrote:

@ckan98 wrote:

Hi ckan98, 

Regards, 

Maya

Motorola Support Team

@Agent_Maya wrote:

@ckan98 wrote:

Hi ckan98, 

Regards, 

Maya

Motorola Support Team

it does not work Smiley Sad the problem is all custom roms Marshamallow

Hi ckan98, 

In that case, you will need to do an FDR to your device, in this link you will find the steps to do it.

Regards, 

Maya 

Motorola Support

josfr4ncisco
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,530
Message 6 of 65

Maya, it's not about a factory reset here.

It's about pushing a fixed kernel to Github and updating our phones.

Is it too hard to do?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,514
Message 7 of 65

@josfr4ncisco wrote:

Maya, it's not about a factory reset here.

It's about pushing a fixed kernel to Github and updating our phones.

Is it too hard to do?

Hi josfr4ncisco, 

Can you do me a favor and please send the IMEI of your device, you can get this by dialing *#06#SEND. So we can check  your device.

Regards, 

Maya

Motorola Support

josfr4ncisco
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,510
Message 8 of 65

It's 355473060066560

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,488
Message 9 of 65

@josfr4ncisco wrote:

It's 355473060066560

Hi josfr4nciso, 

I need you to do me a favor and try this change this setting:

-Tap settings.

-Tap Language and Input.

-Scroll to the very bottom of these settings and tap pointer speed.

-I have seen several default speeds, none over %50. Increase the slider to make the touch screen more sensitive and easier to tap. Decrease the slider to make your touch screen less sensitive and more difficult to tap.

-Tap OK and then experiment with the results.

Please let me know if this works, and I have a question, have you try to root your device.

Regards, 

Maya 

Motorola Support

josfr4ncisco
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,467
Message 10 of 65

Maya, I'm going to say it again.

The issue doesn't happen on stock ROM.

It happens on all custom ROMs because they built their kernel from Motorola's GitHub. And that kernel for Moto G2 has faulty touch drivers, causing the touch lag, which was present on previous soak tests for Moto G2.

Some games are actually buggy even on stock ROM because of these touch drivers, like Vainglory, a touch-intensive MOBA.

I kindly ask you to talk with the tech people and the engineers to push a kernel update to GitHub with a fix for those touch issues for the custom ROM devs and for us, users. No Marshmallow custom rom is usable right now because of this bug. Thanks in advance, hoping for a positive reply.

PS.: I've tried changing that setting you mentioned, it made no difference on the game, still with touch issues. And no, I'm not rooted with this current phone, but I got another Moto G2 which is rooted.