Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alfbagshaw
Paper Tape
Views: 2,050
Message 1 of 3

Moto G XT1068 shows 'No Service'

Was working perfectly, then displayed 'No Service'. When I try to search, I get message "Error while searching for networks". Have tried new SIM card, reboot, reloaded from factory settings, airplane mode etc., etc., to no avail.  Device is around 3 years old and hasn't displayed any problems until now. Wi Fi and Internet work OK, only problem is connection (and finding any). Any suggestions?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,992
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto G XT1068 shows 'No Service'

Hi Alfbagshaw

May I ask when and what happened before it start? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps yet so as not to repeat them? Have you tried resetting APN settings? Go to Settings> More> Cellular network Settings> Access Point Names> Tap 3 dots> reset to default. Let me know how it goes, 

Would you also update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. Please check the link and update your profile here.

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Alfbagshaw
Paper Tape
Views: 1,982
Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto G XT1068 shows 'No Service'

Device was working perfectly on Saturday night 9th December, but next morning displayed 'No Service'.  Another Giffgaff phone in the house was working perfectly. Have been through all the advice options given on the various forums - enabling aircraft mode, then removing it - checking all settings, although no changes had been made  - resetting the APN to default - carrying out a factory reset and reload of the software, data etc., etc. I have also replaced the SIM card with a new one. Phone hasn't been dropped or damaged in any way. When I try to search for network (either manually or automatically), device says 'Error while searching for networks'.

The only oddity I can recall is that, around 2-3 weeks ago, the device switched itself into aircraft mode. I only discovered this when I asked someone why they hadn't replied to my text - so it was out for around 12 hours. As switching to aircraft mode takes around 5 seperate actions and the phone had been in its case, in my pocket for most of that time, the change couldn't be explained.

Internet access and wi-fi are unaffected and I never use Bluetooth.

Hope this helps, but I may have to buy a replacement if I can't get it sorted.