cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gauravk85
What's DOS?
Views: 271
Message 1 of 5

Moto G2 primary (rear) camera not working in normal mode but working in safe mode

Hi,

My Moto g2 phone's primary camera is not detected in normal mode. I can only see images from front camera and there is not option to switch to rear camera. Earlier, when I was opening the camera app, a camera error message was displayed but now that is not shown when I open the camera app.

Further, when I reboot the phone in safe mode, the rear camera is detected. Please let me know solution to this problem.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 266
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto G2 primary (rear) camera not working in normal mode but working in safe mode

@Gauravk85 wrote:

Hi,

My Moto g2 phone's primary camera is not detected in normal mode. I can only see images from front camera and there is not option to switch to rear camera. Earlier, when I was opening the camera app, a camera error message was displayed but now that is not shown when I open the camera app.

Further, when I reboot the phone in safe mode, the rear camera is detected. Please let me know solution to this problem.

If reboot in normal mode is a problem, and camera works in safe mode, then some app you installed is interfering with camera app. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Gauravk85
What's DOS?
Views: 263
Message 3 of 5

Re: Moto G2 primary (rear) camera not working in normal mode but working in safe mode

Hi AlphaDog,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I haven't installed any app recently but I updated permissions of an app today. Can that be a reason ?

I will un-install that app and check if that brings things to normal.

PS: One more thing, when this problem first appeared, I had restarted my phone and after restart, an error message was displayed which was something like '"system process is not responding". This message was displayed when I restarted my phone first 2-3 times after facing this issue but is not displayed any more.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 249
Message 4 of 5

@Gauravk85 wrote:

Hi AlphaDog,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I haven't installed any app recently but I updated permissions of an app today. Can that be a reason ?

I will un-install that app and check if that brings things to normal.

PS: One more thing, when this problem first appeared, I had restarted my phone and after restart, an error message was displayed which was something like '"system process is not responding". This message was displayed when I restarted my phone first 2-3 times after facing this issue but is not displayed any more.

I don't know how easy it is to undo what you have done. Sometimes a reset is the fastest fix - test after a reset and before installing/ restoring any apps - if problem persists phone may need service, 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Gauravk85
What's DOS?
Views: 238
Message 5 of 5

OK AlphaDog,

As camera is working in safe mode, I hope there should not be any hardware fault.

I also think factory reset is the only solution because uninstallation of the app did not solve the issue.