Options

4 Posts

04-05-2019

IN

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 5

Moto G2 primary (rear) camera not working in normal mode but working in safe mode

2019-04-05, 12:03 PM

Hi,

My Moto g2 phone's primary camera is not detected in normal mode. I can only see images from front camera and there is not option to switch to rear camera. Earlier, when I was opening the camera app, a camera error message was displayed but now that is not shown when I open the camera app.

Further, when I reboot the phone in safe mode, the rear camera is detected. Please let me know solution to this problem.

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto G2 primary (rear) camera not working in normal mode but working in safe mode

2019-04-05, 12:43 PM

wrote:

Hi,

My Moto g2 phone's primary camera is not detected in normal mode. I can only see images from front camera and there is not option to switch to rear camera. Earlier, when I was opening the camera app, a camera error message was displayed but now that is not shown when I open the camera app.

Further, when I reboot the phone in safe mode, the rear camera is detected. Please let me know solution to this problem.

If reboot in normal mode is a problem, and camera works in safe mode, then some app you installed is interfering with camera app. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

4 Posts

04-05-2019

IN

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

Re: Moto G2 primary (rear) camera not working in normal mode but working in safe mode

2019-04-05, 12:51 PM

Hi AlphaDog,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I haven't installed any app recently but I updated permissions of an app today. Can that be a reason ?

I will un-install that app and check if that brings things to normal.

PS: One more thing, when this problem first appeared, I had restarted my phone and after restart, an error message was displayed which was something like '"system process is not responding". This message was displayed when I restarted my phone first 2-3 times after facing this issue but is not displayed any more.

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 4 of 5

2019-04-05, 13:35 PM

wrote:

Hi AlphaDog,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I haven't installed any app recently but I updated permissions of an app today. Can that be a reason ?

I will un-install that app and check if that brings things to normal.

PS: One more thing, when this problem first appeared, I had restarted my phone and after restart, an error message was displayed which was something like '"system process is not responding". This message was displayed when I restarted my phone first 2-3 times after facing this issue but is not displayed any more.

I don't know how easy it is to undo what you have done. Sometimes a reset is the fastest fix - test after a reset and before installing/ restoring any apps - if problem persists phone may need service, 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

4 Posts

04-05-2019

IN

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2019-04-05, 16:23 PM

OK AlphaDog,

As camera is working in safe mode, I hope there should not be any hardware fault.

I also think factory reset is the only solution because uninstallation of the app did not solve the issue.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete