Highlighted
cfipro
What's DOS?
Views: 148
Message 1 of 8

Moto g2 is not linked to my account

Hi,

I have linked to my account, 1 motoG...last December,

It was "recognized" as 2 motog...one using the sim provided with the mobile (Tesco), then I got it unlocked and used a virgin sim...cannot now delete the first registration : this is only ONE motoG. My son use it now using another virgin mobile sim.

Bought few days ago the new motog 2, used the same google+ account/ email. I registered/used same google+/email for both mobiles.

Motorola ID is right (email matches) on both mobile motoG and motoG2

Motorola privacy is ON on both mobile motoG and motog2...

Why is the G2nd generation not linked to my account...please help.

PhoneDonkey
WWAN
Message 2 of 8

Re: Moto g2 is not linked to my account

This is a peer to peer forum, I think you need to contact Motorola direct to solve your problem although I wouldn't hold your breath as I have a phone registered to my account that I don't own and cannot remove. I contacted Motorola support about it and they "solved" the problem without actually doing anything which basically tells me they don't want to know. 10 months on it still shows on my account. I guess it looks good on their accounting system but their customer remains frustrated.

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 3 of 8

cfipro-

Try logging out and back in. I'm having our IT team look into your registration.

PhoneDonkey-

Actually for registrations, the forum is a much better place to get things resolved as the call center tickets will just come back to me anyway. Otherwise you are correct. This is a peer to peer support community and responses by employees is not guaranteed.

What is the last 4 digits of your IMEI/Serial Number that you no longer own?

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
cfipro
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 8

Hi Mark,

Many thanks for having a look.

I already did try to log out/in, still no sign of the motoG 2 on my account.

Serial ending: HHO0 is no longer needed.

When I checked yesterday, IMEI of my 1st motoG it says: 5525 (ending)... the one I made as "primary device" in my Motorola account.

Cheers

cfipro
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 8

1-IT IS now in my account .... motoG 2nd generation is there.

THANKS for whatever you have done, that was fast !

2-I am not too sure which motoG needs to be remove from my account actually.

When I click on the one with the IMEI displayed>locate my device. Website tells me to: enable advanced device management features. (it is already)

When I click on the one with the serial displayed>locate my device. Website is trying to contact device: right now, mobile is OFF> cannot locate device.

So, does that tell me that mobile with serial displayed on my account should be kept? or it is the one with IMEI ???

Son is at school right now with the mobile OFF, so cannot check further at the moment.

Cheers

Moto Emeritus
Message 6 of 8

cfipro said:

Hi Mark,

Many thanks for having a look.

I already did try to log out/in, still no sign of the motoG 2 on my account.

Serial ending: HHO0 is no longer needed.

When I check IMEI of my 1st motoG it says: 5525 (ending)... the one I made as "primary device" in my Motorola account.

Cheers

View original

I'm seeing both your old and your new device. Your  new phone is showing on the forums. 

IMEI 5525 is the same as Serial Number HHO0.

Same as Serial Number * 68MB is same as IMEI1*8041 and IMEI2 *8058

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
cfipro
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 8

OK thanks !

But if it is  the "same" device, why having one registered with the Serial...

and have another one registered with the IMEI...bit confusing .

Is it because I used 2 mobile sim (from 2 different provider) with it, that is showing as 2 MotoG?

cheers

Moto Emeritus
Message 8 of 8

cfipro said:

OK thanks !

But if it is  the "same" device, why having one registered with the Serial...

and have another one registered with the IMEI...bit confusing .

Is it because I used 2 mobile sim (from 2 different provider) with it, that is showing as 2 MotoG?

cheers

View original

cfipro-

We have two registration processes at the moment. On-Device via Settings > Motorola ID and via Motorola.com. Our new devices support both methods but our old devices only support motorola.com registrations. 

We have the Motorola Feedback Network and the Forums that rely on motorola.com registrations which allows you to select your service provider. On device registration doesn't allow that at this time.

So yes I agree it is a bit confusing but it's not bad to have it registered two times rather than not at all. Our on Device registration tends to register via Serial Number whereas users tend to register their device via IMEI either way is correct.  Down the line we'll hopefully get it refined to the point where it is identifying it as the same device and avoids a duplicate registration.

Your phone will have 2 IMEIs whether you have two SIMs or one SIM. Theoretically you could register both IMEIs though it's really only important to register IMEI1.

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee