Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PHF
What's DOS?
Views: 160
Message 1 of 7

Motorola "help"

I have spent most of this afternoon trying to solve a problem which was, in essence, simple. However, the Motorola website has the wrong instructions as to how to amend GPS settings and, having tried "chat" and been dumped out three times, I sent an email. The reply from Motorola was that it was a third-party matter (as my problem related to an app the could not acquire GPS), without addressing the question of how I might change the phone settings. A poor response, given that they cannot apparently be bothered to update their website for their phones and not make it obvious where the phone manual might be located on their site (I still do not know). I had no option but to keep getting dumped out of chat (average response time 4 minutes is a laugh) until I succeeded in getting someone to supply the information. Anyone else find this pretty poor service or are they just out to get me? Paul

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 7

Re: Motorola "help"

Hi there.  

I've changed the title to your post since there is an app called Help....

Obviously, this is not stellar customer service.  I will see if i can't bring this to someone's attention.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
PHF
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 7

The post was not simply about "chat" but Motorola support in general. It refers to an email which was puerile in its lack of attention to the actual problem (which was not the app). I also refer to the fact that I was uable to locate a PDF manual for the Moto G 2nd Gen/New/2014 (has Motorola actually settled on a name for this phone yet?) on the Motorola website. I assume you might in some way be connected with Motorola; but I am fairly appalled at the gall with which a post is changed without prior reference to the poster. Regards, Paul

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 7

PHF said:

The post was not simply about "chat" but Motorola support in general. It refers to an email which was puerile in its lack of attention to the actual problem (which was not the app). I also refer to the fact that I was uable to locate a PDF manual for the Moto G 2nd Gen/New/2014 (has Motorola actually settled on a name for this phone yet?) on the Motorola website. I assume you might in some way be connected with Motorola; but I am fairly appalled at the gall with which a post is changed without prior reference to the poster. Regards, Paul

View original

Paul:

I will happily revert the title back to the way you had it.  I did not mean to offend.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 7

If this helps at all, you'll find the Moto G 2nd Gen manual here.

Navigating motorola.com, you'd go to the Get Help menu, Product Support, click the Moto G 2nd Gen, and the link to the manual is on the right.

I'm very sorry you had such a frustrating experience with customer support.

PHF
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 7

Thanks crystallet. I was in Moto G 2nd Gen in the help area. I typed "Moto G 2nd Gen manual in the search box and it did not appear. My fault for not seeing the manual link. Paul

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 7 of 7

PHF said:

Thanks crystallet. I was in Moto G 2nd Gen in the help area. I typed "Moto G 2nd Gen manual in the search box and it did not appear. My fault for not seeing the manual link. Paul

View original

I'll see what we can do to improve the key search terms. Thanks for your suggestion.

Mark

Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee