Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anshumand
What's DOS?
Views: 195
Message 1 of 2

Multiple Bugs with the Moto G 2nd Gen?

After using the phone for almost a week, I have found many unusual behavior. 

- While scrolling, many times the screen thinks I am taping and instead of scrolling, it just opens the link/app. Sometimes while tapping, the screen doesn't register the touch and I need to tap multiple times. But these are quite random. Is it a hardware issue? Should I look for RMA of this phone? 

- I switched to ART and went through the app customization of 120 apps. The optimization should stop here. But on every reboot it starts the optimization for about 55-60 apps and every reboot takes more than 10 mins. I am on build 14. But I found some people who got build 23 OTA update also have the problem. Is it going to be fixed in any future update or can't we just use ART on this kitkat build?

- As soon as free RAM reduces to 300 MB or lesser, background apps start getting killed. I get the popup message stating so&so app force closed even though I am not using them. With 250 Mb or lesser even foreground app gets killed. This is absurd on a 1GB RAM. Are you looking at reducing the min free RAM setting to 100 MB or lesser?

- Auto brightness makes the screen too dark. So I am using it with manual brightness now

- Some times when I open the SMS app, it opens in landscape mode. I can't make it to switch to normal mode until I reboot. Even closing and opening SMS app doesn't help. But if I close SMS app and open any other app, that opens in normal mode. 

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Views: 195
Message 2 of 2

Re: Multiple Bugs with the Moto G 2nd Gen?

- While scrolling, many times the screen thinks I am taping and instead of scrolling, it just opens the link/app. Sometimes while tapping, the screen doesn't register the touch and I need to tap multiple times. But these are quite random. Is it a hardware issue? Should I look for RMA of this phone? 

Are you plugged in or are there lots of apps running in the background?

Do you have a screen protector on the phone?

- I switched to ART and went through the app customization of 120 apps. The optimization should stop here. But on every reboot it starts the optimization for about 55-60 apps and every reboot takes more than 10 mins. I am on build 14. But I found some people who got build 23 OTA update also have the problem. Is it going to be fixed in any future update or can't we just use ART on this kitkat build?

ART Is Experimental at this point. I'll bring this up with the Engineers.

- As soon as free RAM reduces to 300 MB or lesser, background apps start getting killed. I get the popup message stating so&so app force closed even though I am not using them. With 250 Mb or lesser even foreground app gets killed. This is absurd on a 1GB RAM. Are you looking at reducing the min free RAM setting to 100 MB or lesser?

I'll test this. Can you tell me which apps you are using that cause you to get into a situation where 300MB or less of RAM is available?

- Auto brightness makes the screen too dark. So I am using it with manual brightness now

In all situations or only bright sunlight?

- Some times when I open the SMS app, it opens in landscape mode. I can't make it to switch to normal mode until I reboot. Even closing and opening SMS app doesn't help. But if I close SMS app and open any other app, that opens in normal mode. 

Stock Messaging App or 3rd party Messaging app?

It's better to have one issue per thread. Having multiple issue threads cause issues to get lost and they don't get the attention they deserve.  When they're grouped together it's hard to get a sense of how many people encounter each item. Please create a new thread per issue(or join a thread already in progress if your issue already exists) and answer my questions above when creating the new threads. 

Thanks. Locking thread.

Mark

Forums Manager 

Mark
Former Employee